Grand National double file starts

Bandit

"Lucky Dog" would be cool. Didn't the old ASA series have this double file restart thing? I think they had a lot of drivers complaining, because if they worked their way up to the front and then all of a sudden they are back two or three spots, because getting caught up in the wrong groove or something. They got rid of it after a few races, not to mention the whole series :lol:

At the start of the season in ASA last year Steve Dale implemented the "Humpy" restart rule - basically you could choose your lane but you had to comment before you passed the line once they gave the drivers the line up flags - I thought it was great racing and the fans loved it - after the third race of the year they did away with it because there were soooo many torn up race cars. But it does make very exciting racing.

Kathy Smith

TQ,

The drivers in the USRA SLM are usually the most experienced we have around. Howerver, some do step right into the series without much experience. That is what we have here, so we have to make the best of it. As far what separates them from the rest of the traveling series, it probably needs to start with putting on their show when it is Primetime, not last on the card or even past 8;30 or so. CC Speedway acknowledges the fact they are the top touring series and race them early in the evening. I think the whole attitude of the drivers improve when they are treated special like this.

So do I, Tommy and Tsrs fan. I've made the same point to track managers at Thunder Hill and SAS (pre-Terry Dickerson, however). My other point was that the USRA guys, particularly the super late drivers, should be able to handle double-wide restarts. I thought those who were saying they couldn't were wrong.

They can handle it. I have seen them start races, which is 2 wide, and run 60 -80 laps under green. but they have one long show(cuz they are last) and now have a bad rep. If the trucks started last and had a rough show it would be cuz we dont know how to drive. Same for any. jmo

Two wide restarts yes. I have to say that I believe as many others do that two wide restarts would be good. It would make for great racing and would make the leader fight to keep his/her position... Also as Rusty mentioned in the SLM races, many times they run two wide for many laps. Kyle's second groove is coming in and cars are hooked up. I think it was ss99 that said that it is respecting the guy who has the inside run on you. If you let him have it and don't shut him down, the next time he SHOULD hopefully do the same for you. I've seen more wrecks this year because drivers have that "There not passing me attitude"

Lucky Dog no. As it is the field is frozen when the yellow is thrown. Why give a lucky dog when it was brought into effect to keep people from racing back to the start/finish line. In most series they revert back to last completed lap on the line-up...

Archived