Driving with a foot on the brake and gas

SASPEEDRACER24

Just curious how many drivers drive with their foot on the gas and breaking with their left foot... I was thinking about it the other day when I tried to drive that way one night and it was hard to get used to... Just a curious midweek question... BTW anyone wanna buy a N80 camera body and a load of film getting out of the film business and need to make some space for new toys....

BTW anyone wanna buy a N80 camera body and a load of film getting out of the film business and need to make some space for new toys....

please say ' nah i'm just joking'...????????????

i drive two footed in a racecar , one footed on the road.......it's a bad habit to get into on the road. you'll replace brake pads all the time where as in the race vehicles you know youre gonna change them anyhow. + if you ride your brake on the road somebody is gonna run you over , because they get use to the light and they're not in the practice of looking ahead.

Never thought about is much. I do race with both feet. May come from old dirt racing days when you had the seat in the middle of the car. You straddled the drive shaft. No way you could get your right foot over to the left. Also had 2 brake pedals in the car, one on the right and one on the left in my old Figure 8 cars. That way you could brace yourself with both feet right before the impact in the intersection, those were the days!

If I was to gas and brake with the same foot,I would be in the wreck before I could get to the brake.At CC Speedway,things happen very quickly and you might only have a split second to react.Also sometimes you need both gas and brake to force the car to do what it might not want to.I also install a foot bar for my heels to rest on for better leg control,kind of like a motorcycle.Imagine riding motorcross without foot pegs.I also use ear plugs to dampen the noise so I can consentrate better.These things work for me. :D

just a lil bit of info, when i first started driving legends cars i drove one footed, becuase i thought thats what my dad told me to do. I quickly switched to 2 footed driving, but to this day i think if Slick Yoemans was to get into a car he would still drive 1 footed.

J.C

i think the geezinslaws tour bus driver drives with 1 foot on 2 pedals and that is why their bus was sticking out of the broken spoke monday morning. she said i hit the brake and the bus took off <_< .

we're hanging out too much , you make logical scense to me? (i want some of what's in your medicine bag).....

Archived