Texas Thunder 200

KahneFan

Two things, I may have two left over general admin tickets for the event if anyone is interested.

AND, does anyone know what would happen should the "R" word happen next weekend? Is there an "R"-date, or would we be refunded from NASCAR, or.... ??? anyone know who to email with these Q's? The reason I ask, all though it's a week a way, they think Rita may be pushed back down by the area of low pressure which is heading our way. I don't much trust any of the local weather stations (I think I could do better just opening my door each morning), but they all are begining to show "R" chances next weekend.

hgparkjr:

There could not be an easier way to buy tickets. Go to ANY HEB or go to www.texasthunder200.com (which by the way has every detail of the event) or call Texas Box Office and buy tickets via phone or internet. If you buy so late that they don't have time to mail to you, you'll be able to pick up at will call...not an hour before the race but when the gates open at 11:00am. The race starts at 7:55pm. There is no easier way. For the record, it's exactly how they do it at TMS or Daytona. The problem is the event is 5 days away, so either go to an HEB or buy soon or pick up at will call.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
Just as an FYI to folks on this forum, check out the Life & Arts section piece by Pamela LeBlanc in today's Statesman.
Excellent story! Congratulations Tavo (CT) B)

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Race Day Schedule for Saturday, October 1st

11:00 AM Gates Open

11:15–12:00 PM Practice #1

12:30–1:15 PM Practice #2

1:45–2:30 PM Practice #3

2:30–4:30 PM Music – Patricia Vonne, Vallejo

4:30–5:30 PM Qualifying

5:45–7:00 PM Music – Little Texas

7:15 PM Grand National West Series Race –

Allstate Texas Thunder 200 Driver Introductions

7:45 PM National Anthem

7:50 PM Command to Start Engines

7:55 PM Race Start

9:45 PM Awards & Fireworks

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
Can I buy a ticket at the gate? If so, what should I expect to pay?

Per Aryn - Full Throttle, LP :rolleyes:

Yes, tickets will be available at the gate. Same price - $27.50 General Admission and $37.50 Reserved.

I hear ya tq, only thing worse would be to buy tickets and not be able to go. Unfortunately I won't know until Sat if I can attend. Is there a phone # I can call before coming to check on ticket availability?

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Call the track number 512-262-1352, if they sell out, we will have that on the THR information line or you may call 512-844-3582 or visit their website @ www.texasthunder200.com. No pit passes can be purchased, NASCAR rule, sorry! B)

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Exciting News...just got confirmation from NASCAR, if you currently hold a 2005 NASCAR LICENSE or you are a 2005 NASCAR Sanctioned Track Official, you may purchase a Pit Pass for the back gate for 35.00. Again, this is per NASCAR, so PIT PASSES will be available to those currently holding a 2005 NASCAR LICENSE or a 2005 NASCAR Sanctioned Track Official. You MUST have your NASCAR License with you and your Drivers License, no exceptions. :rolleyes:

Well that sucks.. SAS gets a back stage pass and THR get to sit in the stands.. ugggg :(

It's a NASCAR show, not a Thunder Hill Raceway show. It has nothing to do with whether you're from San Antonio or from Austin or New Orleans. It has to do with whether you have a NASCAR license or not. If you have a valid NASCAR license you get to purchase a pit pass. If not, you don't.

Nick Holt

Archived