Wild Night at SAS

SASPEEDRACER24

Even though THR was having their Romco extravganza, SAS did fairly well in the stands although only 10 LM and 13 Sportsman started the features. In the Sportsmans the top 3 were

1. Charlie Earnhardt

2. Tommy Casey

3. Tator Mason

Mason came from the back of the pack midway through the race after getting together with Garfield Shanklin in turn 4 clipping Garfield's #6 car sending it careening down the front stretch back into the racing lane where Vincent Trietch nailed him in the driver side door. Vincent's car was totaled and wil probrobly be shelved for the rest of the year. Also point leader Marcus Bellino and 2nd in points Greg Rhomer got together in turn 1 when something steering wise broke on Marcus's car unfortuately colecting Rhomer and slamming into the turn 1 wall. Kudo's go out to Kenny Hurley for getting the car back out for a lap or 2 before getting black flagged for being way under speed. This was Charlie Earnhardt's first win in 3 years.

In the Late Models it was

1. Jason Smith

2. Donny Horelka

3. Ronnie Smith

A very tame race considering the last few weeks. Only 1 or 2 cautions one for a Lampton spin. Jason Smith led from Lap 1 on. Larry Bendele bent a valve in the heat and started the Feature in Kevin Bendele's 21 car finishing 5th or 6th I believe. That was made possible with the help of the Todd Farris #96 crew helping prep the #21 car to do battle. This was Jason Smith's first win of the year.

Pictures will be up by about 5 oclock today on the website.

Marc Roy

i heard that stacy mcmullin will race garfields car for the rest of the year at sas. hope too see more cars at sas next week, but if the rumor i read by mr holt is true about a cut purse, then i bet there will be less cars than saturday. hope it is just a rumor. i will be praying for that track photographer that was injured in kyle. racecar25

Archived