Need Help !

hayes

Need Help !!!!!!

I'm I San Antonio for my vacation and I'm looking for some dirt tracks

that have late model modified and or sprints.

If some one could give me some addresses in or near San Antonio that

would be graet.....

Thanks,

Marc

:D If he wants to see some real racing go to Cowtown or Kennedale Speedway Park ,they are right beside each other and each gets over 100 cars a night,Cowtown runs sprints almost every weekend,or closer to here is Texas thunder speedway in Killeen,they seem to have a good field of cars,Rebel can fill you in more on that track.

Hayes, Since I have been nominated as "expert" in this, here's the poop. If you want see good Sprint or Late Model action on dirt around here you, like myself, are SOL!!! Sorry to break the bad news.

In San antonio you have two choices I-37 in Pleasanton(dirt) on Fri. nights or San Antonio Spwy(pavement) on Sat. nights. Unfortunately both are struggling with car counts. I-37 runs IMCA mods, hot stocks and pures, with coupes, mini stocks and mini sprints rotating as the fourth class.

The next closest is Thunder Hill in Kyle(Austin-pavement) with the same trouble as SA tracks.

The next closest dirt tracks are Saratoga Spwy in Corpus and Texas Thunder in Killeen. Saratoga runs every other weekend, they are trying to revive the Late Model class, but had to add Super Stocks with them in the one race they had so far just to get a dozen cars. Texas Thunder usually has good car counts in all five classes they run, but no Lates or Sprints.

Houston Raceway Park, Millican Spwy and Battleground (all in Houston area)run Sprints and a late model class(really super stocks w/ aftermarket bodies) on a rotating basis. All have websites you can check for details. HRP will have another SUPR Late Model show on Sept.9th I believe and a WoO show in Oct. But the local sprint rules/cars are so split up no track gets more than 10 cars.

Right now the only track with good sprint car counts is Cowtown in Kennedale--which isn't actually close--LOL. Heart O Texas Spwy in Waco runs IMCA sprints once a month but only gets 10-12 cars, which is better than Bellmead Spwy, also in Waco, that only gets about 5 Sprints. 281 Spwy in Stephenville runs IMCA sprints too, but get the same 10-12 cars as HOT does. I can give you more tracks, but they will get farther and farther away from SA.

Archived