THR LAST WEEK

Budman

Shawn,

How close where you watching? I didn't need anyone to tell me to stop scoring, because scoring had not even started yet. They where taking the green flag to start the race.

And like it has been said before if you are not driving the car you don't reall y know what happened.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not going to argue with you after this- i was sitting 20 yd. up in turn 1 ....the 44 and 14 had contact. after which the 44 's throttle stuck he proceeded to make a 90 degree turn'right' ,traveling about 15 yds. to hammer the left rear quarter panel of the 14 .....all of what ive just described happening a good 5 seconds after the yellow came out ????? to say you have to be in the car to know what happen? maybe in some circumstances,but unless youre a blind, deaf, mute you know damn well what happen there and if you don't youre probably new to the sport....and youre not new to the sport......

anyhow- way to go termite! congrats to all the winners last night.

first of all i wasnt there, but in the rule books doesnt it state that if you get out of your car on the track you will not be able to race the rest of the event and be dqed for the hole nite. i think that in what is says but i might be wrong. some one tell me i am. :o

the 44 and 14 had contact. after which the 44 's throttle stuck he proceeded to make a 90 degree turn'right' ,traveling about 15 yds. to hammer the left rear quarter panel of the 14 .....all of what ive just described happening a good 5 seconds after the yellow came out ?

not sure of the circumstances as to why, but that is exactly how i saw it too......stuck throttle does make sense......so does anyone know the condition of the guy that got injured in the stands, the racing stuff will happen regardless, but the main concern should be about the spectator that got hurt........jmo

I was in the infield restroom and this guy came in and was talking on the phone. He was calling his sister to get his mother to pick him up at the San Marcos Hospital as he said he slipped and fell in the stands and hit his head. He seemed okay on the phone.

Last time I got out of my car on the track,I was dqed for the night.I was also told that if I went to the flagstand to talk during a rase the samething would happen. By the way the man in the stands was hit in the chest with something metal,Yes he is ok.

crazyhorse, i was in the car and i saw and felt what happend ,i got under kyle and he ran over me that is what happend. his left front tire donut is on my right door and parts of his car are still in my quarter panel, don,t give the kid even the hint that what he did was ok, i,m over it now but he has to learn not to turn down on someone thats under him, i.ve done it and so have you but we.ve learned not to do it if he learned anything sat night then its over,if not he will one way or the other, he,s a good kid and will be a good race car driver but the most important thing, is you have to race these same guys, they need to feel they can trust you on the race track, your not born with respect you earn it waddy

Guest bigfat

not to speak for Leland but from what I gathered there seemed to be something wrong with the engine after the incident. We helped him get a tire on but it wasn't getting enough fuel or something along those lines.

some how i think some of you are mixed up on car #s . Most every thing that happened was the 44 car and not the 4 car . From what i understand the 4 car wasnt involved in the chaos . What would have happened if someone not seeing what was going on pulled to the right to go to the pits ? I would venture to say about 3 officials would have been killed or hurt . Its not fair to the fans or the other drivers who are already hot in the car to have to go 4 laps or whatever it was so that someone can discuss something to the officials . I didnt see what happend so cant comment on what i didnt see . Anyway the rest of us are just idiots that he is forced to race with every week end from what he says . I have been racing since the 80s in one form or another and have never in all those years seen people act the way some are this year , longhorn got bad at times but i dont remember it being on the scale we are on this year . what a shame . we have a chance to do what alot of folks only wish for and cant even enjoy a win because of the soap opera that continues even in tech each and every week end from the same person . Not speaking for TBS but only myself i think i will run a very limited schedule next year , i have talents in other areas of racing that dont have the drama .

Good to see you back out there Charles. Leland (Magnet) :D , how bad was your's torn up.

Be able to make it back next week?

thanks for asking about the car not a whole lot of damage knocked the fuel pickup line up to the top of the tank and knocked the muffler off the headers, wheel tire rear quarter, nothing we can,t fix we,ll be there sat night the only thing that really hurt was giving up second place in the points, but everything is ok, see yaw.ll sat night waddy

but most of us work really damn hard for that chance to do what others only wish they could (god only helps those that help themselves) i like that.......

so if you wish in one hand and sh*t in the other, which one gets full first???? we can all sit here and talk about the would of's and could of's because we earned that right.....all the long nights all the tuna fish sandwiches.....it's not bitching or bashing or complaining , it's venting......it's sharing a point of view , and if we all shared the same view then we would all be fooling ourselves.........we don't built racecars for the specific purpose of getting pissed off and coming on here to complain about it-but it happens....and if you hold that against somebody than you're very closed minded....it's a priveledge to race but it's also something that you work hard for.....things happen , people have different points of view , and if it don't agree with yours- don't take it personal...just close the damn window and count to ten............

you got that right shawn, working hardand all the personal sacrifices.the ones i have made for this season is well stupid to say the least. but i am doing something that i dearly love. i dont want to have my car torn up or any thing but it has happened in the past(1st race with a brand new car in georgia and something break in the front end and nearly knock the wall down) it sucks but oh well. i got over it and am back racing again after a few years off. so in order for me to get back to the track this coming weekend i have a $8 budget for the week. so damn hungry dont get close to my plate come friday. i consider erery one i race with family. sometimes we get along sometimes we dont, but we get over it. so lets just do what we love and have some fun people. see every one this weekend.

dale

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

SAFETY should be a tracks main concern - for everyone, Racefans, Drivers, Crews, Track Cleanup and Officials. I was not at THR as an Official Saturday night, but I was there with Brian, as one of the responsible owners of the business. Everyone realizes it is the end of the season, tempers are hot, pocket books are being stretched to finish out the season in hopes of finishing well in the points, but no one's life is worth a Championship! There were several Drivers called into the Track Office to discuss issues concerning SAFETY and their actions on the track as they concerned SAFETY of others. I do not think that it is necessary to share names, as they were privately called into the Track Office, just like NASCAR does when issues arise. Please trust me when I say this, it was heavily discussed with those Drivers and shared that it will not be tolerated from this point on. Rubbing and bumping is racing, not follow the leader, but SAFETEY is a whole total issue! An issue came out during one of those meetings where someone stated something that was incorrect information, this was also addressed, which I think is important. Sometimes if things are not addressed and straightened out, they can lead into much worse circumstances and effect many, many good people! We should all think before we speak and to think about others feelings and certainly not over exaggerate situations. We all know this is an adrenaline sport, so take a deep breath and give the other person the benefit of the doubt. This makes me think of this little story, I hope you will take the time to read it...

One day, while in high school, I saw a kid from my class walking home from school. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd." I had my weekend planned with parties and a football game with my friends, so I shrugged my shoulders and went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes! My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks," they really should get lives. " He looked at me and said, "hey thanks!" There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play a little football with my friends, he said yes. We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know him, the more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him. Monday morning came, and there he was with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, "Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday! " He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, he and I became best friends. When we were seniors, we began to think about college. He decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship. He was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak. Graduation day, he looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him. Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!" He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. " Thanks," he said. As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began "Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostly your friends... I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story." I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying all his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. "Thankfully, I was saved! My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable." I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his Mom and Dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize it's depth. Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life. For better or for worse.

God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way. "Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." There is no beginning or end, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.

Hope to see you all at the races. :rolleyes:

Archived