Bowling Challenge

ivicic

How does a bowling challenge and fund raiser sound. I have no details just yet but lets make it a team event, three or four person teams. I know I can get atleast two teams. We would need to know an approximate number of teams to reserve the lanes. I work at Highland Lanes in Austin and could make all the arrangements. We could have it at Westgate or Dart Bowl as they are part of the same company. If we get enough interest from S.A. maybe we could do New Braunfels. I need to know how many people are interested. Pm me or Email at mark.ivicic@highlandlanes.com. Nick, It's a start :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say standard 4 man teams like they do in city roll off. I honestly dont know how they do the winner stuff but I would say that would be the way to do it. Base it off handicap like average 200 like most leagues do.

i like to bowl -but mickeys on my team...he's trying to bluff you guys,they use to call him turkey trickin' mickey...but of coarse that was before the tragic accident which took his power hand....and long before he teamed up with that omish(sp) guy?

Here is the latest info. I can get us a date in August. Sat, or Sunday before 6pm for $2.50 per game. after 6, $3.10.

I guess we need to pick a day and time. I was thinking about Sunday August 21, around 1:00pm. Start getting your four member team together and give me the information.

The 21st is out for me, I have some previous obligations. What about a Saturday morning early that way we could have racecars in the parking lot and have people at the track by 2. There you have racecars in the parking lot and people coming in to do regular bowling can look at them and then possibly get them to the track that night. I know of some people that want to bowl but they have to come from out of town and cant make it on a sunday but could do a saturday morning.

How does a bowling challenge and fund raiser sound. I have no details just yet but lets make it a team event, three or four person teams. I know I can get atleast two teams. We would need to know an approximate number of teams to reserve the lanes. I work at Highland Lanes in Austin and could make all the arrangements. We could have it at Westgate or Dart Bowl as they are part of the same company. If we get enough interest from S.A. maybe we could do New Braunfels. I need to know how many people are interested. Pm me or Email at mark.ivicic@highlandlanes.com. Nick, It's a start :)

Mark,

I am proud of you for taking charge and doing something very positive for others. We need a whole lot more people willing to give something back to the sport that has meant so much to each of us.

Nick Holt

The Date is set and the fundraiser figured out. We will have a bowl-a-thon at Westgate Lanes on August 21. The time will be from 2-5pm. We will be raising money for the JRA kids club. Everyone is encouraged to attend and bowl. Price is $7.50 per person and no charge for shoe rental. More details to follow. Aaron will have flyers out soon. We will have pledge sheets for anyone wanting to get pledges to raise the money. The way it works is you get a pledge of lets say a .01, if you bowl a 600 for three games the person would pay $6.00. They can pledge any amount they want, but the better you bowl the more money can be raised.

Archived