CC Attractions?

If I were to go down to CC for the USRA show at the end of month with my girlfriend, where and what would be things to check out on Friday/Friday night. Is there parking available by the "T" Heads? I've checked out the CC website, but there's a lot of stuff, to know what's really worth checking out. THANKS! :)

There is parking near and on the T heads, and there are plenty of restaurants out that way too. A few on the T heads themselves, and a bunch off of Water St. Everything from the original Whataburger location to some awesome (but expensive...) seafood. Plenty of bars/clubs for the night life, both on the south and north side of the harbor bridge. You could also head out to the Island and take a "long walk on the beach, gaze at the sunset, and..." (whatever makes yer girly happy!) :blink::o

Get on down there and have some fun!

The Lexington and Texas State Aquairium is on the Portland side of the Harbor Bridge (check the Visitor's Center for discounted coupons), Whataburger Field is on the ship channel as well on the Corpus side, home of the CC Hooks (minor league affiliate of the Astros, owned by Reid and Nolan Ryan). There are numerous museums right around that area as well including some historical houses in Heritage Park, right behind the American Bank Center. Port Aransas has a lot of souvenir shops and fishing charters, the gambling ship is out that way as well and a dolphin tour. Bob Hall Pier is re-opened and is a hot spot for beach-goers, fishermen, and surfers. They have picnic tables, showers, and real restrooms there as well as paved parking. We have numerous restaraunts up and down SPID as well (I think the highway number is 358, don't know how familiar with Corpus you are). There may be a concert or event going on at Concrete Street Ampitheater (next to Whataburger Field or pretty close at least) or at the American Bank Center. I think that's about all I can think of. There's a miniature golf course on the Island and a Go-Kart track in Flour Bluff (Flour Bluff Dr. exit, on the right behind the Cancun restaraunt). They have a mini-golf course also, but it's not as good as the one on the island if you are into that.

The Lexington and Texas State Aquairium is on the Portland side of the Harbor Bridge (check the Visitor's Center for discounted coupons), Whataburger Field is on the ship channel as well on the Corpus side, home of the CC Hooks (minor league affiliate of the Astros, owned by Reid and Nolan Ryan). There are numerous museums right around that area as well including some historical houses in Heritage Park, right behind the American Bank Center. Port Aransas has a lot of souvenir shops and fishing charters, the gambling ship is out that way as well and a dolphin tour. Bob Hall Pier is re-opened and is a hot spot for beach-goers, fishermen, and surfers. They have picnic tables, showers, and real restrooms there as well as paved parking. We have numerous restaraunts up and down SPID as well (I think the highway number is 358, don't know how familiar with Corpus you are). There may be a concert or event going on at Concrete Street Ampitheater (next to Whataburger Field or pretty close at least) or at the American Bank Center. I think that's about all I can think of. There's a miniature golf course on the Island and a Go-Kart track in Flour Bluff (Flour Bluff Dr. exit, on the right behind the Cancun restaraunt). They have a mini-golf course also, but it's not as good as the one on the island if you are into that.

...and thank you top shelf! You must moonlight at the CC Chamber of Commerce!

j/k

:P

Hey Reb,

You mean...can it be....your girl is back!!!???

Live here all my life and actually like it so I like promoting my hometown, every aspect. I doubt I'll ever leave this town and if I do it will be nowhere further than Rockport. Reb, most of that historical stuff is right at the end of 37, so it's not too difficult to find. Just take a left at Chaparral and follow it down. Everyone is talking about Water St. it just reminded me about what I saw in yesterday's paper, the owner of Ancient Mariner (seafood restaraunt on Alameda) just passed away. Lomax (the owner of Water St., just opened a surf museum downtown as well. The hurricane should be long gone by the time you get here Reb, nothing serious here just the dreaded "r" word. Hope Owen has plenty of tarps and water pumps for this weekend.

Archived