a plea from me

ups88john

please guys and gals, if you have a problem with a driver, please tell the driver, not his/her crew, not the trophy girl or anyone else. i am getting sick and tired of hearing people say this and that about him or her. if you dont have the nerve to walk up to the driver and tell him/her how you feel, please keep your mouth shut.

big john

Well said, Big.

Over the long years I have spent in this sport, I have had various drivers, crews, owners, wives, drunks, etc, holler at me about something a driver I was helping at the time did.

They all found out quickly that I didn't have much time for them. Their complaint is with the driver, not me.

A year or two ago, a driver I crewed for wrecked a driver Big John crewed for.

Did Big and I get mad at each other? Certainly not. We weren't driving the damn cars, why should we have a problem.

If the crews, families, etc would stay out of an incident, the drivers can usually work out their problem themselves.

I'm all for that big john. i just hope the person who you're talking about reads this site and might be able to get the nerves up next time to tell me to my face. grow up and be a man and say what you wanna say to my face not my crew or worse yet the trophy girl and or sister-in-law.

Hey John,

That I know of we've never met, but that sounds like the best idea I've heard of... I'll even go one step further, if the person/driver/father of a driver would come to the driver in question and ask nicely for something like a car to be tech even tough the car was almost distroyed; I'd bet that driver in question would have no problem...

You see sometimes you don't get both sides of a story... Then again sometimes we do and we just choose to choose sides...

there is two sides of every story, but i am tired of hearing from other people(officials, crewmembers, trophy queen, and others that are not drivers) that i need to tell my driver to do this and what not. I guarantee if you were to come over to either of my drivers and talk to them civil, they will have a decent coversation with you. there is nothing to be scared of, we are good people. tom is right, we were standing next to each other ontop of his drivers trailer when two crashed, no big deal, i know tom cant drive the car neither can I. bla bla bla this is getting too long.

bottom line, if you want to tell lloyd or allen something, just come over and say it.

big john

...there is two sides of every story...bottom line, if you want to tell lloyd or allen something, just come over and say it.

Big John,

One the other hand, don't be going over to someone else's pit and causing trouble just because BJ invited you over. Most of the pit incidents I have had to break up have been someone from one team going over to another team's pit and causing a stink (or worse).

About the best way to handle post race talks is to let the two drivers have a private talk somewhere other than each other's pits.

Nick Holt

RANDY 5249 I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER ;)

KISS I LIKE THAT. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD LISTEN TO WHAT RANDY SAID INSTEAD OF A PERSON RUNNING AROUND THE PITS CACKLING LIKE A BIRD ;) DON'T TELL EVERY ONE ELSE HOW YOU FEEL ,TELL THE PERSON YOU HAVE THE DISAGREEMENT WITH <_< AND IF YOU CANT DO THAT KEEP TO YOUR SELF :huh:

The key to all of this is be civil when you walk into somebody elses pits. The biggest part of my job as a crew member is the safety of my driver. That doesn't necessarily end when the race is over. You storm into our pits or bring a group of people with you and there may be a problem. Fortunately, that has not happened. Nick and Big John have hit the nail on the head. Let the drivers talk it over. Once they have worked it out, it should be over. Some people just aren't happy unless they are talking smack about others. Best way to deal with them is to ignore them. Once they realize you won't be participating they will leave to find one of their own kind.

10-4 nick, we dont want any trouble, and like svcmgr said im interested in my drivers saftey on and off the track. now if you come over hollerin and screamin with 10 people, then there may be some trouble, but if you can cool off for a while, get your thoughts together and then come to the drivers pits or a neutral pit and discuss it. neither side may like it, but at least we dont have to hear about it from the homeless guy talking to a beer can and showering in track bite.

big john

Well said Big John, i have had a competitors crew member damn near start a brawl in the pit stands with me and several of our crew members before and thought to myself, "what a moron" he was screaming and cursing in front of all of the drivers crews and family, women and children, i calmly leaned toward him and said "grow up buddy, talk to the man driving the car, i am a spectator from this point, i am not in control of the car pal". After the race was completed, his driver and ours had a civil chat when the raging fool aprochaed all of us screaming and hollering his driver told him to cool it and that acting a fool does noone any good. I have since seen the same person crewing for others act like a lunatic many more times since........ an official needs to suspen someone like this for a season and let them know, behavior like this is not appreciated and not welcome.

JMO

Archived