Horiffic Crash at Lacrosse

DVeit

Glad to see everyone walk away from that. Could have been much worse.

Also, another great reason to keep the kids away from the catch fence when the race is going on.

Just noticed that the news channel appears to cover the track on a weekly basis. There is a link to the track a little further down on the page and highlights from the 2 previous weeks.

Guest HMPFlagman

I dont think the IRL's saftey team is that fast. But I did notice a cut out of the fence in turn 4 that they were stationed at so it was really easy to stay high and respond, even under normal racing conditions.

JCA

Wish I had DSL or something other than dial up :( I feel asleep waiting on it.

I do know that the track is a fast half mile like SAS. I went there once back in the early 80's before moving to Houston. Since I'd never been there, I followed Dick Trickle's hauler to the track. They were running Wednesday nights back then and he was running late, unloading with only 5 minutes left in qualifying. Even with no practice, he promptly set fast time!

During intermission they had spectator barrel races in street cars. Two cars down the front stretch around a barrel and back to the finish line. I always wondered how some of those guys explained things to their insurance agent! :o

Archived