Wayne Anderson

kosherkowboy

This is from Jayski--

Anderson Cup debut at Chicago: on the Wayne Anderson site, it lists Anderson as running the July Nextel Cup races at Chicago and New Hampshire, he will drive the #75 Dodge owned by Bob Rinaldi [the team Mike Garvey drove for before going to the #66. Anderson has competed in the NASCAR Truck Series, Busch North and ARCA among many other series. Anderson's website lists Wayne as the winningest driver in NASCAR All-Pro history.(7-1-2005)

I'm here...been lurking :D

Yep, I can almost guarantee if there are no series races going on in Florida and the payout is what the Big Shot paid in the past, Wayne and company will be here. It's all a matter of scheduling.

They missed the cut in Chicagoland but are headed to Louden this week.

Since we're on the subject of the Big Shot, lets have a little fun with it. I'm talking about the last one that was held. I think there were 44 SLMs here running the heat races and last chance race. They allowed 32 of them to start. Lets try to come up with the names of the 32 who started. Doesn't have to be in any particular order. From memory only, no fair looking it up somewhere. I'll start:

1. Wayne Anderson (Budman)

2. Freddie Query (ss99)

3. Hal Goodson (ss99)

4. Chris Davidson (ss99)

5. Jason Hogan (ss99)

6. Gary St Amant (ss99)

7. Grag Davidson (ss99)

8. Casey Smith(ss99)

9. Eddie Wallace(ss99)

10. Heath Stewart(ss99)

11. John Kelly (ss99)

12. Tommy Grimes (ss99)

13. Tommy Gural(ss99)

14. Doug Hooks(ss99)

15. John David(ss99)

16. Robert Mullins(ss99)

17. Bubba Nauman(ss99)

18. Kent Baltzell(ss99)

19. Mark Chrudimsky(ss99)

20. T. Wade Welch(ss99)

21. J.C. Umschied(ss99)

22. Bobby Gil (josh42)

23. Ricky Turner(josh42)

24. Scott Carlson(josh42)

25. Casey Smith(josh42)

26. Bradley Reithmeyer(josh42)

27. Billy Bigley, Jr. (budman)

28. Joe Aramendia (Umsheid Race Svcs)

29. Doug Lege(Umsheid Race Svcs)

30. Ronny Smith(wkr77)

31. Colt James(whr77)

32. Todd Kleuver(josh42)

33. Scott Hantz(josh42)

34. Donnie Wilson(budman)

In no particular order and from memory:

Feddie Query

Hal Goodson

Chris Davidson (had to put those two back to back for obvious reasons) :D

Jason Hogan

Gary St Amant

Greg Davidson

Casey Smith

Eddie Wallace

Heath Stewart

Wayne Anderson

John Kelly

Tommy Grimes

Tommy Gural

Doug Hooks

John David

Robert Mullens

Bubba Naumann

Kent Baltzell

Mark Chrudimsky

Wade Welch

JC Umschied

Now I've got a headache, so somebody else finish it off. I'm sure some of these are wrong.

I don't remember if Brandon and Colt were in that one.

Year 1 of the Big Shot Wayne was driving for his All-Pro team and Frankie Grill was the owner. In the second Big Shot Wayne was, of course, driving for Joe Aramendia as previously mentioned by MUmscheid 51.

Any chance the Big Shot will be resurrected??? I know it's been asked before. I'm just hoping one day the suggestion will stick :D

Can't believe no one's hit on my hints #3 and #4 above.

I thought Umsheid answered it. Doug Lege in the 6 and Anderson was in one of Joe Aramendia's cars.

Josh, I remember Kluever running in the first one. Nice guy. I talked to he and his crew for a while. Seemed like good people.

Anybody remember the top 5 finishers behind Anderson? Could have told you at one time, but I've forgotten now.

Also, I'm sure the list is not accurate yet. Got 34 listed. Only 32 started. Also noticed I've got Casey listed twice. I'll fix that later.

Horsepower, you're right. I sent results to a number of places, including whowon and racingwest, but I don't know if they'd show up in a search. I should have copies somewhere; I'll take a look.

Bobby Gill got in through the "Last Shot" qualifier and then came through the field to finish eighth. Ricky Turner chased Anderson for most of the race, but Jason Hogan came from the 11th spot to take second in the closing laps. It was Anderson, Hogan, Turner, Query and Doug Lege (holding up the honor of the home folks) in fifth.

I'll see if I can find the complete results.

Archived