How were the races saturday night?

Parader99

I have read enough...time to put my two cents in. It is no secret that Owen and I are good friends. I have been sent to the back six times this year (yeah, I'm a no driving mf). Some calls I thought were correct, others I did not. I worked the infield last year and some calls were very difficult to make. When I think a call against me is incorrect I go tell Owen about it and it is done. I don't rant, rave and cuss...that will get you nowhere. I respect every call that is made (and not all calls are made by Owen...he doesn's see them all and when he doesn't he has no input in the decision). It is unfortunate that Greg was sent to the back last weekend...I didn't see the incident (from the back of the pack). Owen and his staff are as fair as they come. There is no favoritism, as so many have said. I hope that everyone gets over their mad and comes back to race. Like we say all the time...we are doing this for fun, so let's have fun and go race.

I have deleted several posts in this thread.

If anyone has a problem with an official, driver, etc. take it up with them in person. TXSZ is not the place to wage personal battles.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

Riley, I respect your opinion although I don't agree with you. You say you don't cuss, rant, or rave, but you tell Owen and move on. [edited out by Nick Holt. 8/6/05] I know that several cars have been sent to the back, but I only know what really happened in situations that I was involved in. Maybe you agreed with yours or not, and how you chose to handle them is up to you.

I think it was just alot of frustration going on Saturday night. One, the 34 drove one of the cleanest, least aggressive races I've ever seen him race until the last five or so laps. The first time the 88 spun out, he braked really early (and kept doing so) entering the turn to keep that impassible line right in the middle of the turns. That's fine, he was consistent and held his line, but I've seen the 34 hit cars harder than that and not spin them out and I've seen the 88 get hit harder than that and save the car. It didn't seem he made an effort to save the car and the entire field basically stopped to save the car. That is what was the start of the frustration because (and I think the 88 can admit to it) he was not the fastest car, just the one that ran the best line. The 21 knows that line and I've seen him run it to perfection when he was in the Tx. Thunder class, he's a champion for a reason. Secondly, the 34 finally got the 88 to go high coming out of four and had a run down the frontstretch when the 88 realized there was a lap car that was about to get in the way and he tried to get back to the bottom. The only problem was that the 34 was already there. Look at the doughnut on the side of the 88, the tire mark is between the numbers meaning that the 34 was already to the door and the unwritten rule is to give that person position, but I see what I think the 88 was thinking, he was protecting the lead and again, there's nothing wrong with that because most of the guys out there probably would have done the same thing. The 91 did it last season as he went sliding past the start/finish line to hold on for a feature win and everything was fine. But back to Saturday, since it happened twice, regardless of fault, something had to be done, wrong or right. Hopefully all will be back and there will be no problems with anything. That's just what I saw from the stands towards turn one and again, I hope that everyone returns with no problems and everyone can race with each other. As a sidenote, did the 21 pass tech? When we were leaving, they were still in the tech pad and I was wondering if everything was ok.

Every track makes "judgement" calls,and John has been victim to some pretty bad calls in the past out there.It is just inevitable that this will happen to every racer,right or wrong it happens.Just get over it and come back to racing buisness as usual.

I thought the 88 and 34 cars were putting on one hell of a race . I also think 34 should have been put back in his 2nd position and let them (88 & 34) race it out. Hell the rest of the field would have never even been a factor in the finish without the 2 car NOT going low as lap cars are told to over and over again. It sucks to see my friends not wanting to come race anymore . I hope after tempers calm down things will change.

I would have loved to see that, but we all knew it was coming (the decision that is) whether it was wrong or right. Since this was the second incident between the same two drivers, you knew one of them was going to go to the back and the lead car rarely gets sent to the back in situations like that. I don't blame the two car either, he was giving the leaders the low line (I know they are told to stay low, but where is the racing groove entering the turn?) He was trying to get out of the way and the two leaders came together going around him. That happens everywhere in every class. I saw a similar incident in San Antonio during a Romco race a couple of years ago. But I do hope that all return and without any ill feelings.

Guest OLDFLATHEAD

Edited by me, don't want to get into this crybaby session. Go racing it is a hobbie not a career, you can't win every week.

Archived