HARD HIT .JUSTIN OWENS

HiTech

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know Justin, or even been to Larenceburg in decades, what a shame. My brother, who still lives in Cincinnati, was supposed to go to Larenceburg that night. He has 2 grandsons, and a daughter & son in law that live on the west side of Cincinnati. My brother & his wife were over at their house watching the boys, with plans to go when their daughter & husband got back for a couples outing. They ran late, so the racing plans got canceled. They heard about it the next day. He's seen a fatal racing crash before, and it wasn't fun. We were standing next to each other when it happened. We were teenagers then, but still realized quickly that what happened was very bad. These were the days when it wasn't that uncommon to have a fatality at the track. As much as I love racing, sprint cars have always scared the crap out of me, and I'm not afraid to say that out loud. Worlds of respect to those that choose to race them. 

Rest In Peace Justin!

God Bless