alot of cars wrecked .

HiTech

SOME are mad at nascar about restarting  that created  this wreck ..  NOT ME  no rain on the track  till just a few seconds  before  the cars went into that turn .. np mention if fans near that area or track officials even felt the rain . or had enough time to speak  out with the speeds of those cars ...... rain happend like that more than once at cc speedway  while i was out on the track racing ... so nascar did not affect the outcome in my books . the way the race was going and what was on line  there was going to be a big wreck sometime with out the rain   who would have been involved who knows ,  who would have still missed out being in the playoffs .. who knows .. 

I respectfully disagree. Especially at the high speed ,tight pack tracks like Daytona and Talladega. NASCAR has some of the best radar technology. They could see how very close the rain was to the track. You have to err in favor of safety and they didn't do that. If they threw the yellow this accident would not had happened and would had been a much better race if they were able to restart. With the 47 car being tossed around as it was it could had been much worse.

42 minutes ago, arob said:

I respectfully disagree. Especially at the high speed ,tight pack tracks like Daytona and Talladega. NASCAR has some of the best radar technology. They could see how very close the rain was to the track. You have to err in favor of safety and they didn't do that. If they threw the yellow this accident would not had happened and would had been a much better race if they were able to restart. With the 47 car being tossed around as it was it could had been much worse.

u dont have to be respectful to disagree  ..... just disagree .. 

On 8/29/2022 at 1:40 PM, HiTech said:

u dont have to be respectful to disagree  ..... just disagree .. 

Ha!  arob is ALWAYS respectful.  

Rain calls are always a "no win" deal whether it be before or during a race.  No matter the call, someone will be upset. Florida is notorious for unpredictable "pop-up" showers that are hard to precisely track even on the best radar systems.   In the past we have witnessed showers at one end of the track and sunshine on the other!  

17 hours ago, NickHolt said:

Ha!  arob is ALWAYS respectful.  

Rain calls are always a "no win" deal whether it be before or during a race.  No matter the call, someone will be upset. Florida is notorious for unpredictable "pop-up" showers that are hard to precisely track even on the best radar systems.   In the past we have witnessed showers at one end of the track and sunshine on the other!  

yep arob is always respectful  i stand corrected ..    SO am i  .. waiting for lightning to  strike