TMS - The red 4 car?

BigDaddyHD

I'm relatively new to Texas and USRA so hopefully you guys can help me out. Who the heck is Ralph Burris? I don't see his name in any of this years previous results. How did he do so well at TMS? It appears he's only run one race this year and he starts second and finishes fourth? Who is this guy?

Ralph Burris Jr. has actually been around for some time. He is a past TIDA race winner and has competed successfully in ROMCO as well. He in fact has competed outside of Texas in other touring Late Model series.

Pretty experienced shoe, in the past he often used the #10.

Ralph Burris is a real good race car driver and set-up man. If im not mistaken he is the crew chief for Baltzell. But he runs the tms race every year. I'm not the best knowing about Burris but I know he used to be a regular with the ROMCO series when it first started. I know there is definatley some people on here that can give better info than me but thats what I knwo about him.

Ralph is a long time Houston racer. I think he got his start in the dirt cars around there, Legend can expound on this.

Has taken the last few years off for a variety of reasons.

Burris is good clean driver, and sharp on set-ups.

Greg and Chris Davidson are his Father and Brother in laws. Lots of years of experience there.

Thx for the clarification on that Legend.Is there any relation to the Davidsons or are you a big fan of their's also?

i'm sorry if he's trying to keep it hushed? but i think the legend96.........is the legendary larry bendele, father of (in more recent legend) brandon...

sorry.........i'm just a big fan. when we'd go to speed orama and i would see that yellow and blue #23 come out on the track , i was like a kid on christmas morning. he did'nt come often enough, he'd just wait and surprise you.

some of the best memories i have of growing up watching racing were made by the green 57 & blue and yellow 23

i'm sorry if he's trying to keep it hushed? but i think the legend96.........is the legendary larry bendele, father of (in more recent legend) brandon...

I believe Brandon's dad gets on here under Pacecar. I may be mistaken though.

you're right. i realized it awhile ago and was just coming back to try and cover up my confussion with an edit...sorry - i'm sure you're a pretty cool guy also.

Archived