walls

zoom

After having the opportunity to make the acquaintance of the wall at SAS saturday, I will say that I am very humbled and impressed by the people who make up the racing community. I was offered all kinds of help and parts. I want to say publicly a very big THANK YOU to everyone. I think that the general public is missing a great aspect of our American society by not getting more involved in auto racing. For all you racers and pit help and sponsors out there. Thanks. You guys made a very bad situation a whole bunch better.

Thanks again. :)

Mark

Well Im glad to see that you made out ok. Think of it this way since the car is white you dont need to repaint it... BTW the new vinal letters looked good now about that trunk... How bad is the car beat up other than the obvious stuff that was found out at the track?

Smacked it hard enough to peel the right lower control arm mounts halfway off the frame. Bent the cross member, crushed the headers, broke the starter in two, and curled the steering arm in a 90 degree angle. Have to reclip the car. Trunk is in fine-fine shape. I had my choice between white and red for car color, so I had a 50% chance of getting it right. LOL I will tell you this. That wall knows it has been hit! LMAO

• 2 weeks later...

You're suppose to hurt the wall... not your car!!!

97 car.... almost at Rose Bowl and almost at Devils Bowl... but all of mine were at Lone Star.

I have rubbed it EVERYWHERE! But I have good licks on it on the front straight, turn 1, turn 2, the back straight, turn 3, turn 4, and some slight bumps on the inside wall at verious locations of the track. Lone Star has so much more concrete than dirt and I seem to find every bit of it. We're becoming friends except for the broken, cracked, and bruised ribs, the unconcious times, and the others were I just felt like a whooped dog. I almost rather get hit by the lightening again than tangle with the concrete anymore. I think the next time I go out there I'm just gonna flat foot it into the wall while packing the track so I can get it over with for the night. That way I can load up and go home to get an early start on the healing process.

:D I got real lucky I hit the wall in turn 2 right square on the right front corner,did more damage to my uncles car than mine,bent his rim,nerf bar,sheared shear bolts and shoved the rear end back 2 inches.My cousin almost totaled his car at rosebowl guard rail and crosstie is not much better,but 2 weeks later those concrete walls at Lone star won.

Archived