CCMS

FIRECREW32

Flyin34

I hope you dont mind. I really didnt remember where I got it from. I am a TL fan and copy things off the internet all the time that has to do with him. You are lucky to have that pic. Wish I had it. Do you have any info about that pic?

Everyone will recognize Terry, but the car belonged to Jim Pallas of Austin. Owner of Big4 auto parts, I believe this is the famous "Casper" car.

The event is one of the All-Pro events held about '83 or '84. They ran San Antonio and Corpus.

Another guy who had several great runs in this car is Slick Yoemans.

This car is still around, I think Kent Power still has it, with a different body on it. Kent was a long-time crewmember for Tommy Davis. He ran a few TIDA races in it, with #29 on it. It last ran about 2000-2001 at San Antonio.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do we begin? I have stories from my father that are older than I am. Should you tell them where the "Flying Carlucci" came from lol? We have a hutch full of old pictures from CCMS, SAS, and the old Longhorn Speedway in Austin, some day, I'll put some up as well.

top shelf 12

I will scan all your pictures for you if you dont have the time. Just let me know when and where and Ill bring my laptop and scanner. And Ill burn them to a CD for you as well. I will do this for anyone who is interested and wants to share their stuff with the rest of us .

It sounds like he should start scribbling everything down for a future book on it.

Tex and Turbo,

I just got back from a family reunion over in Galveston, and the very subject of stories came up there. My family is hard after me and my dad to do just that.

I have mentioned before that I have a computer program that does "talk to text".

I have a bunch of stuff going on at work right now, and in a couple months I will be dealing with my wife having neck surgery, but this fall, after all this other stuff is past, I will start recording these stories. I kinda have a list of story titles now, some of ya'll ain't gonna believe some of what is there.

Having said that, it will be pretty entertaining.

I plan to do stuff from racing, personal life, and so on.

Racing is just a part of it. I got a bunch of stuff from my teenage years, Military, and so on.

Papa,

I appreciate the thought. The time I was mainly referring to was to dig out all of the old photos, some bought, and some that I've taken and put them online. We have a scanner and I have the basic idea of how to put them up on here, but I do know how to burn them to discs, I've done several CD's of family vacations, the very few we actually get to take. Right now, I'm just busy working and possibly changing jobs (for the better), and raising a two year old. About the only spare time I have is late at night when I really don't feel too much like digging around the house and waiting for the scanner to do its thing lol.

Archived