Sad News Hobby Stock Driver

debbiec

The USRA will be donating $500 to the cause.

Statement from Terry Dickerson.

"We will be keeping the Osborne family in our prayers in thier time of need. USRA will be donating $500. They may not be a USRA team but they are still part of our extended racing family. We ask that everyone do everything that they can do to help the family at a time when they need it the most."

Volunteers at Thunder Hill raceway passed the helmet through the pits and the stands last night and collected over $1500.00 for Steve and his family and this is only the beginning. Everyone mark your calendar for Friday, June 17th for a benefit dance, dinner and silent auction at Thunder Hill Raceway. We are still working on the details but encourage all drivers and fans in Texas to come support a fellow race car driver in need. We will need people to start locating any items of value to donate to the silent auction, food and drink donations and any other support you can offer to raise funds for this event. Contact any of the Thunder Hill Officials if you wish to help with the planning and are interested in volunteering. It is incredible to be a part of such a close family in the racing community and see the outpouring of support and spirit of giving. I know Steve's family appreciates everyone's generosity. More details to follow.

Greg Gurley

Race Director

Thunder Hill Raceway

Mr. Gurley,

Please send me a fax to JMaCK, Inc. @ 210.566.7598 with information about how to do some sponsorship of your auction/dinner. We would like to pitch in something and maybe I can get some local people and companies to pitch in something.

To all the others who have commented so far. Great job. This is why I want to be a part of the racing community. Might fight like hell sometimes, but pull together when it counts.

Johnny

THR guys

That is GREAT!!!

I dont race a car and Im not part of a racing team but I do consider myself part of the racing family. I am so PROUD of all of you for what you have done for another member of our family.Its a wonderful feeling knowing that so many people care for one another. God bless each and everyone of you.

UPDATE ON STEVEN :

I spoke to his wife last night just as the races were ending. She said when they opened his bandages to clean them yesterday, they made a wonderful discovery. There is still life in at least a couple of his fingers on the right hand. They will watch hime over the next few days, there is now hope that he may not loose that arm, he may loose a couple of fingers but they may save the arm. So keep the prayers going they do work ! Carla was amazed so many people are stepping forward and most of them did not even know Steven. I told her what Johny just said, they fight with each other, but they are a family that really pulls together for each other.

Thanks, Debbie

I just spoke with Carla a few minutes ago. They are very hopeful about the right hand but they are going to have to remove more of his left arm. It will be above the elbow. She said he is doing well considering what has happened. He is not taking visiters other than his wife right now. I informed her about what I read on here about the collection at THR last night and she cryed and cryed. She said she cant believe how so many people have cared and come to the aid of Steven. And she told me something else that shows me that Steven is a true racer...He said he WILL race again. And Im sure he will.

I just spoke to Carla, Steven had his 2nd set of surgery today. They did not have to take more off the left arm like they thought they would. They only had to remove the thumb on the right side, and he also had skin grafts(aloe graft) on his chest today. She said he is doing good. She wants to thank everyone for their prayers and support.

Yes, Gary & I went to see him yesterday. He is doing good considering what he has been through. They did go back and remove more on the left arm, it has now been amputated above the elbow. They will re-check the right hand on Tuesday, not sure if it is going to make it or not at this time. He has had a couple of skin grafts on his chest. He wants to thank everyone for what they are doing for his family. He said he feels bad that he is lying there doing nothing, while everyone is helping his family. I told him someday, he will be able to help someone else.

Archived