Sad News Hobby Stock Driver

debbiec

Hobby Stock Driver Steven Osborne # 04 was involved in a serious accident at work today. He moves mobile homes, apparently he got into electrical wires. He was rushed to Brooks Army Medical Hospital in S.A. He has had one hand amputated today and will loose the other one tomorrow. He is listed in stable condition. Steven has a wife & 4 small children, please keep them in your prayers. Steven was not a regular at ThunderHill, he came out every chance he could to run with the HS.

I just spoke to Steven's wife. She said they will be doing more test to make sure there are no internal injuries or brain damage. He has been in & out of consciosness and knows who he is and what happened so that is a good sign. They will do the 2nd amputation on Tuesday. She said thank you for all your prayers.

This is TRUELY sad news... I have meet and talked with this family thru the kids club...

One of his daughters has been our JR. VIP..

JRA is working to help the family.. We will keep everyone posted.

Laura & My prayers are with you...

Aaron

I hope Im not speaking out of turn here but I have something to ask of everyone. Steven is going thru alot right now as is his family. Its a life changing event to say the least. They have things facing them that no one could imagine. One of the things is $$$$. Insurance and savings will be gone very quickly. His family is going to need help. Many of you know that Im an amputee, and Ive been down that road. Its going to be a living hell for a long time. They need us right now! So if any of you have any ideas as to how we can help them raise some money please speak out. We need to get on this ASAP. This is a time when the racing family needs to come together for one of our own. PLEASE HELP!

Thank You

PAPA

PAPA,

Let me know what ideas you might have, and I will see what I can do with them.

Or anyone else for that matter. Let me know and I will see what we can do.

Our prayers are with the family.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

You'd be surprised what racers will do for each other.

We didn't make much mention of this, but the weekend of the 14th, when we were at Kyle with the modified, we had a visit by David Meredith, or "Duke" as most Austin racers know him.

Duke is disabled, with a brain tumor, and mentioned to Lee Machen that he couldn't buy his chemo medicine, which cost about $280 a month. After the features, Mac took his straw hat and walked Duke through the pit area, telling those who didn't know Duke who he was, and his dilemna. Guys were pulling 20, 50, and 100 dollar bills out of their pocket, and Duke ended up with enough money to buy TWO months worth. This from just 15 minutes walking through the pits.

Imagine what the racing community can do for Steven and his family.

Sarge

Benefit dinners and/or dances come to mind. Im not sure how to go about getting one going. Maybe all the local tracks could pass the hat in the pits and stands. Bake sales, rumage sale, or setting up an account at local banks where people can send in donations. Maybe some of the teams sponsers would allow donation jars to be put out at their business. Maybe you could sell laps in a race car...where someone could drive a H/S or RR around the track for two or three laps. Im sure there is all kinds of things we can do. Im just not sure how to go about it.

Three big hobby stock races.One at each track they run on.Add an extra five dollars to the gate fee,and make sure it ALL of it gets to their family.Do it three times a year for as long as it takes.Their are alot of traditional big races around the country for this reason.My prayers are in the air...I hope it finds the one...

Stephen and his family,

We are so sad to hear what has happened. Are thoughts and prayers are with you. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Can you send us your address?

God be with you all,

Tommy & Teresa

Gural Racing

It is very tragic thing to have something like this hit so close to home, someone had posted that we as a group should pass the hat at the three tracks but I believe that all of the tracks in Texas would be proud to help in raising funds for this family. We are all part of the racing family it doesn't make any differance if we run drags,dirt or asphalt. I would like to think that the people from other tracks in Texas would come to the aid just as we as a group would come to the aid of a driver from a track we may never of visited. May God hear all the prayers that are being lifted up for this family.

All of you have proven what I have always known, you are all a truly great bunch of people. (T.Gurel) I will get that address for you. Steven & Carla do not have any savings and I am pretty sure he did not have insurance. Carla does not work, she stays home with the kids. They are of course keeping him sedated right now, so he is not aware of what has just happpened to change his way of life.

I have just spoken to Steven's wife (Carla), the Cat Scan was clear. She said she just spoke to him, he was awake and he remember's what happened, he knows that he has had the left arm amputated just below the elbow, he does not know that he will also have the right one amputated on Tuesday. Once again she wanted me to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Their address is:

Steven & Carla Osborne

1296 Co. Rd. 461

Elgin, Tx 78621

I raced with Steve when i was at THR , now i race at SAS and the hat starts with me , im in for at least $100.00 plus ill donate all my winnings from the next race at SAS on June 4th. all our prayers are with steve and his family .

Archived