how did it go at SAS?

racerboy2002

Well, I was busy with tech but I was there.

Ronnie Smith won with Horelka second.

Jason Smith led early but was involved in a wreck while leading. I didn't see the incident. I heard that someone (can't recall who) was trying to pass him on the inside but contact was made in turn four.

There was a big wreck in 3-4 (which I also did not see), taking out Balzer and damaged several other cars including Larry Bendele.

Horelka was trailing the lead pack for most of the race, but made a really hard charge to get back in position to pass Ronnie Smith over the last few laps. Horelka, forever the gentleman racer, could have taken Smith out a number of times, but did not.

I don't have a clue what happened in the Street Stocks.. although there were several yellows..

Sorry this is so sketchy..

Nick Holt

Nick on the incident with Jason Smith the car that was behind him at the time was Garcia's 97 I didnt see the whole incident but there was a little tap and it got Smith loose. He was able to handle it till the front stretch where he hit the wall hard with the right front. Bendele had the most torn up of the cars that survived but still finished on the lead lap I believe. I think there was only 6 cars still running at the end of the race...

Also on another note I think the best races of the night were the little mini karts the kids drove heard comments from fans that they drove better than some of our own racers lol..

Wildest ride of the night had to goto Homer Pitner in the Roadrunners... Now that he has a little competition he had problems getting around Sal's car and made for a really fun heat race I think everyone was out of thier seats for that race imagine 10 to 12 cars racing like that...

Marc

FryarFan,

Maybe 700- 800 people in the stands. Far from filled, but it wasn't awful either.

With SAS's new advertising budget, hopefully the word will get out about the new ticket prices and the attendance will pick up.

Nick Holt

Ya'll might remember that last week to this week is usually slow in the stands, as people take Memorial day vacations, and this week started school graduations. It will pick up, and the drop in ticket prices will definitely help that.

We were at Kyle, (Modifieds) and they were down some, but some of those racers have kids graduating, too.

Late models at Kyle had about 6 or 7, but from what I heard about Friday night up there, They were lucky to have that many left able to run. James Reeder was real fast, was all over leader Robert Stewart until Stewart broke, then he checked out. Snokhous looked good to finish second, a few tweaks here and there, and he will be at the front.

Archived