national anthem

HiTech

1. Come on down to sts speedway we welcome you ..I was brought up to respect the flag for which it stands for .never to use for anything less . I loved the flag sitting in our class rooms growing up and outside waving in the wind I have razed lowered the flag many times through my life and never let it touch the ground and as I folded the flag the feelings in my hands the tingle can not be explained . The anthem and our flag are second to none.. and not to honor it as it is show cased through our anthem is a disgrace when  it is being used for personal gain a protest  ..and yet it is a symbol of freedom that give those who use it in such manner I find disgraceful that right ..

[  AGAIN Thank You For Your  Service .]

In my business I am able to visit with a large cross section of people. Some of which are either active duty or retired military. The anthem along with the ongoing variation of protests does come up in conversation. What I have found is that active duty military really don’t appreciate it (although they agree that those protesting have the right). The retired military folks I talk to are divided on giving it a thumbs up or down.

My personal feelings are that if these people using the anthem as the center piece or back drop to a protest are doing it to bring awareness to a cause and to help unify people…..they are missing the mark. All it takes is a quick tour of your social media pages to see the division this poorly thought out protest has caused. 

While many people will never agree on anything, most agree that the anthem should be left alone and not as they see it…disrespected.

It's really quite simple.  Don't like what you're seeing?  Don't watch it. Don't buy their tickets and don't support their sponsors.  Guess what I'm NOT watching tonight. 

I'm sure there are those who see these individuals as heros.  I simply see them as whining millionaires who denigrate the very nation that provides them the means to receive the income they do for doing what they do.    

58 minutes ago, Budman said:

It's really quite simple.  Don't like what you're seeing?  Don't watch it. Don't buy their tickets and don't support their sponsors.  Guess what I'm NOT watching tonight. 

I'm sure there are those who see these individuals as heros.  I simply see them as whining millionaires who denigrate the very nation that provides them the means to receive the income they do for doing what they do.    

Pretty much sums it up for me.

12 hours ago, Budman said:

My only regret is that I didn't watch NFL anyway, so me not watching isn't hurting them any more than before!

Archived