lastest "jimmie johnson complaint"

ProTree

heard a good one from jimmie johnson this morning on the tube-he said "i dont understand why everytime i get near tony stewart on the track he start flippin me off-i dont get it"-wonder if we'll get any in car shots of these 2 from bama this weekend when they get next to each other-nascar cant say they didnt know about it in advance if the ole camera catches the middle finger waving from tony the tiger

Jeff Gordonized, Haters, Haters, Haters, your talking about the best driver in the circuit, lets see 4 Championships, 71 career wins and 53 career poles, i'd say he's pretty good, and at the age of 33 i'd say he's got more championships down the road, 5 in 05. :rolleyes:

Jason-

Dale Earnhardt lost a lot of times at Daytona in the 500, but most of the time the car broke, he got a flat (Derrike Cope, for crying out loud!), or he got caught up in one of the wrecks.

But Jeff Gordon ran him wheel to wheel, nose to tail, doorhandle to doorhandle (pick your favorite cliche) and flat beat Dale in the closing laps one year. Earnhardt admitted he was trying to get close enough to lay the bumper on Gordon, and Gordon admitted he was doing everything he could to keep Earnhardt from doing that.

I don't have a clue why Gordonhaters hate him. Maybe it's because, deep down, they know just how good he is.

The wins have slowed, true, but then, he's the only one in the top ten on the NASCAR winners' list who is still racing...

I think the guy is a little too (well, maybe a lot too) corporate; I'd like to see a little more Tony Stewart. But don't think Gordon's racers' attitude isn't as strong as anyones, or discount his ability, when he's in the car.

TQ you analyze things to much. You must have done PR for Jeffy back in the day. lol jk We arent saying Jeff cant drive. In fact I bet him and Jimmie Johnson drive to Lowes atleast once a week together.

Jason, I'm still trying to get some of the Gordonhaters to tell me why they hate the guy. Not be a fan, fine, but what has he ever done that would make you hate him with such fervor?

As for personality, I think he and all the corporate clones (J. Johnson, Kasey Kahne, Carl Edwards, Brian Vickers, ad infinitum, ad nauseum) are both boring and bad for the sport. At the same time, we as Americans tend to equate bluster with bravery, bombast with talent.

For those of a certain age, you might try explaining that John Wayne never actually shot anyone; while a small, quiet, polite (and slightly nuts) kid from Greenville named Audie Murphy was the most decorated combat soldier of WWII and a stone killer.

Ill be the first to say that Gordon is one of the best drivers there is. I wouldnt be afraid to put money on him. Theres just something about him that I cant quit put my finger on. Its a kind of a feeling that makes you want to reach across the table and slap someone. I dont know but Yes...He can drive. JMO

just a shot in the dark, Im not a gordo fan but I dont hate him. I think its because he is toooo comercialized, spends half his time plugging his sponsers. But most of all, not that people will admit it, but I think he's hated becouse when he started in nascar he was so dominate that it kinda made for a boring race.You always knew was going to win the race before it ever started. My personal opinion as a nascar fan, watching him win every week pissed me off. Fans like to see competition, there wasnt any when he first came out. JMO

sean B)

Tim-

I've never seen an ego from Gordon, and the guys who work with him (some of whom didn't much care for him before they got to know him) say the guy who comes into the shop on Monday is the same guy who was on TV on Sunday.

As for winning too much, isn't that what he (and all of us) are trying to do?

And "getting on a good team and getting to the top too fast," he'd been racing everything he could get his hands on (or John Bickford could afford) since he was five years old, and had more experience when he got to NASCAR than most of the guys ten years older. Yes, he was the first of a new breed.

Of course, if you want to throw rocks at him because John had money to get him a long way toward success, you have to throw rocks at virtually every driver out there, and particularly at guys like Buckshot Jones, Michael Andretti (about whom Mario once said, "For awhile there, I thought Michael was going to spend his entire racing career attending driving schools") and even, GASP! Dale, Jr. The simple fact is that this sport does not yet reward talent, but selects the drivers based on the budget the driver can bring to the team.

Along that line, has anybody taken note of the fact that Toyota, when it makes its big move into NASCAR (and probably pulls that $98 million budget out of Indycars), apparently intends to control driver contracts itself? If you're looking for evidence of a sea change in NASCAR (and racing in general), there it is.

Tim-

I've never seen an ego from Gordon, and the guys who work with him (some of whom didn't much care for him before they got to know him) say the guy who comes into the shop on Monday is the same guy who was on TV on Sunday.

As for winning too much, isn't that what he (and all of us) are trying to do?

And "getting on a good team and getting to the top too fast," he'd been racing everything he could get his hands on (or John Bickford could afford) since he was five years old, and had more experience when he got to NASCAR than most of the guys ten years older. Yes, he was the first of a new breed.

tq,

Do you think JJ would be just as good driving Kyle Petty's car? Do you think Kyle Petty could be just as good as JJ driving the 48 car? I've said it before and I will say it again, these high dollar "Teams" are killing NASCAR. It's kind of like these small town grocery stores... Wal-Mart comes to town and puts everyone out of business. Apples and oranges I know, but it's a good comparison. I think some sort salary cap or team member cap would be good, but these are just my opinions.

I never said anything about Gordon...

I mean, who wouldn't like to see Derrick Cope, Morgan Shepard, Carl Long, Kirk Shelmerdine, Stan Boyd or Kenny Schrader win a race every now and then? I would, I would love to see it.

Tim

Archived