Pretty neat about Brandon

NickHolt

Brandon's the real deal.

He's got the talent, youth, an engineering background, the family support and several years of very successful racing experience. More than that, he's polite, considerate and amazingly humble when you look at the success he has achieved in his racing career so far.

We're all looking for good things from Brandon as he takes this giant step into the big leagues.

Nick Holt

We're moving the FASCAR meeting to the Firehouse Pub & Grill at 5380 Walzem Road (7:30p) to announce to the media about Brandon's opportunity with CTS. I'm trying to get the word out . . . hope everyone and anyone will attend!

Congradulations to the whole Bendele clan.

A fine example of hard work paying off.

Good Luck in the trucks and the skies the limit on where you might go next...el.

Mel

Man, I was once lapped by Brandon Bendele!

make that lapped twice. B)

Brandon's the real deal.

He's got the talent, youth, an engineering background, the family support and several years of very successful racing experience.  More than that, he's polite, considerate and amazingly humble when you look at the success he has achieved in his racing career so far.

We're all looking for good things from Brandon as he takes this giant step into the big leagues.

Nick Holt

I agree with Nick 100%

We had good TV coverage at the press conference this evening. It was great that they showed up on such short notice. KENS-TV (5) and KSAT-TV (12) showed up and ran stories on the 10P news. KSAT is planning to run additional footage on the noon news tomorrow. I think they're finally getting to know about NASCAR racing in SA!

NASCAR, at some level, is magic in terms of getting the attention of the media, but it's the big three of Cup, Busch and Truck that actually get their attention.

San Antonio media may be a bit more amenable to covering NASCAR on a more local level (particularly as Terry D. has come in and opened up some new avenues, personally calling the media people to invite them to the press conference at SAS even though that isn't his job), but to the media, there are two NASCARs, and they aren't overly interested in anything below the big three.

I've had sports editors tell me they weren't going to give coverage to local racers in NASCAR until they had a full season ride in one of the big three series. They aren't interested in drivers who "only have a one or two race deal."

"Is he going to race the full season? No? Call me when he gets a contract for the whole season."

On the other hand, we are making progress. Congrats to Brandon, and I hope he handles the big track as well as he does the little ones.

Do you think Terry Dickerson might have something to do with it..........

Yes, I was with him when he was on the phone with them and setting up radio interviews for Brandon for today as well...He and Debbie Williams have been working hard together to cultivate relationships with the San Antonio media. But there wouldn't have been any news without Brandon and ALL the people that helped him get to this point. So it takes all of us. It's just that Terry isn't bashful about picking up the phone and promoting our sport directly to the news media. He is showing it can be done around here and the media will pay attention if we give them something newsworthy.

Having one of our drivers (Texas based) in one of the big 3 helps get Texas racing noticed. Dickerson has been promoting and introducing our drivers (not just USRA) to Eddie Gossage. He is also working to promote our drivers to anyone that will listen that are associated with big 3 teams. He has been working to get the top finishers in USRA a test with a truck team. Sorry if I am bragging on him a little, I am just excited we have someone that is doing these kinds of things. We have a lot of drivers that didn't get a chance in part because Texas racing wasn't being promoted.

Hopefully Brandon will have a good ride under him and this is the start of a trend.

Hey Brandon...just remember...when the other guys think about points and lift...close your eyes and stab the throttle.

If you lift when they do and lose...no truck ride

If you stab when they lift and crash...no truck ride

If you stab when they lift and win...MILLIONAIRE!!!

Don't listen to me...go get it and good luck. B)

Dixielady,

Don't stay home and watch the race . . . watch it at SAS. As I mentioned in the other thread, Hill Country Satellite came out yesterday and set up the satellite feed. Aarons Sales & Lease is furnishing a big screen TV. So, come out to SAS and watch live racing on the track and under the grandstands. What a deal!

Archived