JR needs a new sponsor

racerx

The Nextel Cup Series cars are operating under a new rules package, one that calls for, among other things, softer tires and a shorter spoiler wing across the trunk. May the best driver win, the theory goes. Not the best mechanic, not the best tire-changer.

After the race, Dale Earnhardt Jr., who finished ninth, grumbled that his car drove differently every time he changed tires. "It's just frustrating," Junior said. "I just wish the engineers from Goodyear would get with us and show us how to keep that from happening. You know, we could run around the top if we had to, but you never went there. I couldn't get into Turn 3 without spinning out."

Maybe the engineers from Goodyear can teach him to drive.

Everyone can use some driving lessons every now and again but that is not his problem................he is sand baging the season. With the new points systems he can jump into the points race at anytime. Last year he was being chased from the get go now he can relax and be the chasee. Any takers on a bet he ends up in the top 5 by the end of the season?

maybe JR. needs to spend a week with Biffle-do a little fishing and he can ask Biffle whats working for him, how Biffle can go from the back to the front and smoke their A#*@% in a backup car-but then he might tell him it was the tires-that goodyear makes a great tire like he said on the tube after the race

Kelly,

I hope he does make it because he's great for racing and ratings...but the things he is saying makes me think they are having big time internal problems...doesn't sound good from an organizational standpoint...those are VERY hard to fix and be successful at the same time...Kind of seeing some internal strife with the way the whole thing is being run...JR vs Step-Mom for control of direction maybe???...tell me what you want to bet...

X

Kelly

You have to be real carefull with your bet with Larry. I dont think he had his race truck in mind. He's probably got an old Chevy LUV out back that he can paint a #9 on the side. Make sure its the two seat job he's got and take him with you. Give him a real close look at the SAS walls. Just kidding Larry. :D:D:D:D

Kelly,

I hope he does make it because he's great for racing and ratings...

Without Jr, who would we have as the (I hate to say) NASCAR "Hero"? You say #3 or #8 to a crowd and it will erupt with applause. Sure, most other number will get a clap or two, but nothing near the 3 and 8. So, with NASCAR's new "play nice" attitude, we might not be able to have another (good) bad guy again. The Intimidator was probably the last of his kind (to get away with it). Yeah, they're trying to give us "The Young Guns", but they will NEVER have nearly the same following as the #3 (now #8).

I meant the USRA #9 Race Truck too...but I was going to ask if you meant the DODGE quad cab...cause maybe we can get John Heil to bring his DODGE 4x4 and have a hell of a race as long as Dickerson doesn't black flag/black hat us again...I think when he runs on the track waving the black hat at you that's a little worse than the black flag...

LL

gundog-slick rick wants votes-he's got 2 women coming after his a*#-he was at tms and saw 200,000+ #3 fans and thought-"you know if i declare a dale earnhardt sr day in tx, these redneck beer drinkers will luv me and vote for me-he learned that from "W"-"W"told him there's alot of those racing fans-just got to know how to play em-"W' shows up at daytona before election and plays the crowd-BINGO-has he been to a race since-NO -jmo

Didn't even hold his hand over his heart or salute to the National Anthem. Actually not many people do that these days. I'm only 28, but am I old fashioned in thinking you're supposed to honor your country and those who've died to make it what it is? I would at least think our President should do this. But, wadda' I know?

Kelly,

I hope he does make it because he's great for racing and ratings...but the things he is saying makes me think they are having big time internal problems...doesn't sound good from an organizational standpoint...those are VERY hard to fix and be successful at the same time...Kind of seeing some internal strife with the way the whole thing is being run...JR vs Step-Mom for control of direction maybe???...tell me what you want to bet...

X

Beginning of the end...or could it be!.....my crystal ball shows a picture in it....it's a #3 on the track again with an Earnhardt behind the wheel.....just a matter of time, 06 or 07. The sales of the marketing material is too much money for everyone to pass up...especially NASCAR!

Question is...can Mikey carry the torch for DEI?

stroker ace,

Nah it's not the begining of the end, it's just the beginning. MW is a good driver but not worthy of carrying the torch. DEI needs to sign Tony Stewart because he is the closet thing to being another Dale Sr., attitude and all. Jr will be just fine this year and I stand by what I say......he will make top 5 in points.

I wish all the Junior fans would've listened in on his radio Sunday. Biggest whiner I've ever heard. While other guys were trying to communicate in a positive way, Junior's pretty much telling his team they aren't working. Rondeau had to tell him, "I don't want to argue with you on the radio!" When the car finally got there, he made a helluva charge (should have finished around fourth). But jeez, P'd off all his team in the process.

you really just need to hear him on a weekly basis even to the media. It's always the car not working, the crew whatever. I guess that's why he and his cousins were always at odds. Remember when Eury Sr. was so critical of him on TV and that caused such a stir ??

I wonder if someone doesn't steal Truex from DEI ?? I think I would put him in one of the other cars before Hmeil.

There won't be another Big Earnhardt, different era whole new scenerio.

Archived