Could this be the perverbial nail in the coffin for NASCAR

Josh42

Are you suggesting tracks adopt the WWE approach to racing? Joking. BUT they do have over 10,000 most weekends, enough to pay the what seems like 40 cops to be there. I love it when something happens on the track a dozen cops appear out of nowhere! Wonder what the payout is there?

Check this out and tell me what Brian didn't talk about.

http://racedaysa.com/index.php/2017/04/30/brian-france-discusses-dale-jr-retirement-current-state-of-nascar/

Brian France discusses Dale Jr. retirement, current state of NASCAR

by Mike Haag | Posted on Sunday, April 30th, 2017

Truck Series for one. Tearing out seats. TV ratings.

He didn't really talk about anything. His interviews are a train wreck. He constantly stops himself in mid-sentence and goes off in another direction, sometimes multiple times when answering a single question. He just says whole bunch of words while saying nothing at all.

He managed to place emphasis on the stakeholders though.

And for the conspiracy theorists, he made it a point to say his son's favorite driver is Joey "quintessential nascar" Logano. Hey, who won today?

Joey Logano won. He's a damn good driver. No conspiracy there. He's a helluva good guy, too. Man has a big heart. He does a lot of wonderful things for people. (Joey Logano Foundation) Way to Go, Joey!

Guess you overlooked the sarcasm in his post.....smdh

Brian talked a bunch of fluff...but what I didn't hear him touch on was fan input. He talked about old guard drivers, share holders and sponsors and input from them. He also sounded like he was depending on MONSTER to bring the new fans, the "Millennial" fans to NASCAR. Brian is set, doesn't matter to the suits in the front office if the grandstands are empty (even if 2/3 of the tracks are owned by family)....they have that fat TV check to live off of.

I wonder how local Saturday night racing is/was affected by NASCAR racing on Saturday nights.

Tom as I stated I believe that #bashcar has a "trickle down"(and I hate using the Reaganesque term) effect of local tracks....Not in a positive manner either......I'm sorry, while the Bowman-Gray Madhouse mentality may sell tickets, conversely it does NOT translate into good racing, just good wrecking.

What's really sad and lost in all the dissension is the fact that the short track races themselves have been fairly entertaining.....Too bad there were few fans and viewers to see them......Once you've made enough bad decisions/choices the fans won't bother to try again.....A local short track may be about to learn that tough lesson too....Hopefully not....

I agree.....fans are not stupid. If you offer a product they see as a good value for the dollar (race/race ticket) they will return. If you don't, not ony will they not show back up, they will tell friends and family not to waste the money.

As a fan of all the tracks I've been to over the years there has been only been two I quit going to or wouldn't go back to.One wasn't bad it was the other one I started going to was better. I guess you have to know your fan base. Most fans , I think, wanna see good racing.Occasional "drama" worked in as well.Fortunately in South Texas the three tracks are providing. The D-FW area tracks seem to be doing well too.

Archived