Bellm Geared up for Hockett/McMillin Memorial after I-30 Top Ten

rebelracewriter

Bellm Geared up for Hockett/McMillin Memorial after I-30 Top Ten

Lonnie Wheatley, NIXA, Mo. (September 21, 2016) – After a strong top-ten finish against a stout field at Little Rock’s I-30 Speedway on Saturday night, Kyle Bellm and the Resource Asset Management Solutions (RAMS) No. 14k Sprint Car team are ready for a big three-day weekend of racing.

And it’s close to his Nixa, MO, home with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour in action at Wheatland’s Lucas Oil Speedway for the Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

“That’s one we always look forward to,” the driver of the PPG Automotive Finishes/Colorvision entry commented.

Bellm comes off of a strong run at I-30 Speedway that culminated with a seventh-place feature finish aboard the VP Racing Fuels/Schure Built Suspensions entry amongst a strong field of 34 entries.

A solid heat race run from third to second landed Bellm in the Dash, where brake problems led to some quick work in the pits.

“We ended up having to change the rear end, so we had to kind of thrash just to make it out for the feature,” Bellm says.

Bellm then battled among the top five much of the way in the $4,646-to-win Ralph Henson Memorial aboard the Christian County Collision Repair/Bybee Lawn Care machine.

“We were fifth most of the way, then I got hung up behind a lapped car and lost a couple of positions late in the race,” Bellm relates. “It was a good finish against a good field of cars, so we feel good about it.”

Bellm and the Schaeffer Oil/Prater Designs/Racinboys team will square off with a large field of competitors at Lucas Oil Speedway this weekend.

“It’ll help to have a little luck with the draw and with everything,” Bellm says. “With a large field of cars, we’ll have to be good in everything we’re in, from the heat races to qualifiers and features. Hopefully we can be top eight in points after the first two nights and have a good shot at $10,000.”

Bellm has made a habit of posting strong finishes at Lucas Oil Speedway in the past.

“We have been second and third at National races at Lucas Oil Speedway before,” Bellm recalls. “Now if we can just finish one or two spots better this time, that’ll make it a pretty good weekend.”

That pursuit begins on Thursday night.

2016 Quick Stats: 38 races, 1 win, 12 top-fives, 15 top-tens.

Up Next: Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour at Lucas Oil Speedway’s “Hockett/McMillin Memorial” in Wheatland, MO, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Keep Track: Keep track of Kyle Bellm’s on-track action including schedule and results at http://www.kylebellm.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KyleBellmRacing?fref=ts or on Twitter at @kylebellmracing.

If you would like Kyle Bellm Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Penning the recurring series of “The Wheatley Chronicles” articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, Lonnie Wheatley provides media, public relations and more for select tracks, drivers and events. For more information, Wheatley may be contacted at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Archived