Bellm Off to Jackson Nationals after Strong Show-Me Double

rebelracewriter

Bellm Off to Jackson Nationals after Strong Show-Me Double

Lonnie Wheatley, NIXA, Mo. (August 30, 2016) – After a quiet weekend to regroup and refresh, Kyle Bellm and the Resource Asset Management Solutions (RAMS) No. 14k Sprint Car team are Minnesota bound for this weekend’s Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour portion of the Jackson Nationals at the Jackson Motorplex.

It’s a big, half-mile clay oval that the Nixa, MO, racer got his first look at just a few weeks ago.

“Once we got going, the car actually felt pretty good there,” Bellm said of the July 29 Jackson Motorplex outing aboard the PPG Automotive Finishes/Colorvision entry. “We had good speed in our last two races, hopefully we can continue that this weekend.”

The Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour portion of the weekend is set for Friday and Sunday night.

Bellm and the VP Racing Fuels/Schure Built Suspensions team come off a weekend that included a top-five finish and another one that should have been.

“It’s always good to know that you’re right there, we feel good about finishing out the rest of the season on a strong note,” Bellm explained.

Bellm’s latest top five in ASCS National Tour competition came in his first visit to Farmington, Missouri’s St. Francois County Raceway on Saturday night, August 20.

And that fifth-place finish could have easily been at least one position or two better.

“We had a late restart that we didn’t need,” Bellm said as he was fourth aboard the Christian County Collision Repair/Bybee Lawn Care/Dynotech Racing Engines machine when a final caution flew as he raced to the white flag.

“It sealed the tire up under the caution and we just couldn’t get going on the restart,” Bellm explains.

Bellm still crossed the stripe fifth in his first Farmington visit before shifting back over to Sedalia’s historic half-mile for some Sunday night action on August 21.

And it was another strong outing for Bellm in the Schaeffer Oil/Prater Designs/Racinboys entry, running among the top five most of the way in the 25-lapper before mechanical issues cut his night short just two laps shy of the checkered flag.

“We ran fourth most of the race,” Bellm said of his third Sedalia start of the year. “Dude slid me late for fourth and I lost some momentum. Baughman got by before I could get going, but we were at least going to finish sixth before we had engine problems.”

It was still a strong weekend for Bellm and crew, good enough to give the team hope for optimism going into this weekend’s $10,000-to-win Jackson Nationals.

“We just have to get in position to have a shot at it, then we can go for it,” Bellm wraps up.

2016 Quick Stats: 35 races, 1 win, 12 top-fives, 14 top-tens.

Up Next: Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour at the Jackson Motorplex’ “Jackson Nationals” in Jackson, MN, on Friday and Sunday.

Keep Track: Keep track of Kyle Bellm’s on-track action including schedule and results at http://www.kylebellm.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KyleBellmRacing?fref=ts or on Twitter at @kylebellmracing.

If you would like Kyle Bellm Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Penning the recurring series of “The Wheatley Chronicles” articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, Lonnie Wheatley provides media, public relations and more for select tracks, drivers and events. For more information, Wheatley may be contacted at lonniewheatley@gmail.com

Archived