Bellm Ready for Lakeside & Lucas Oil Speedways

Stopped Short at Callaway Bellm Ready for Lakeside & Lucas Oil Speedways

Lonnie Wheatley, NIXA, Mo. (May 4, 2016) Coming off his first feature win of the year just seven nights earlier, Kyle Bellm looked to be in prime position for another potential win in Friday nights ASCS Warrior Region event at Fulton, Missouris Callaway Raceway.

Under threatening skies, Bellm advanced from third to second in his heat race and challenged for the win aboard the Resource Asset Management Solutions (RAMS) No. 14k Sprint Car.

I think we could have slid into the lead, but I didnt want to push the issue too much, Bellm commented. I knew we were in the redraw either way.

The Nixa, MO, racer redrew the second row inside and was poised to battle it out for a second win in as many weeks aboard the PPG Automotive Finishes/Colorvision entry.

But, moments before the feature pushed off, the skies opened up and washed out the night for the Schure Built Suspensions/Christian County Collision Repair team.

Overall we were excited about the night. We had a really good car, I think we definitely could have had another good finish and possibly another win, Bellm commented.

With last weeks rain in the rearview, Bellm and the Bybee Lawn Care/Dynotech Racing Engines team are ready to get back into Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour action on Thursday night at Kansas Citys Lakeside Speedway before another ASCS Warrior Region tilt at Wheatland, Missouris Lucas Oil Speedway on Saturday night.

Were looking forward to this weekend, were looking for a good run at Lakeside to get back up there in points, Bellm said.

Last years Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour Rookie of the Year, Bellm enters Thursdays action 12th in points but less than 100 points out of the lead with a good opportunity to advance in the Schaeffer Oil/Pro Designs/Racinboys entry.

The points are so close right now, we can gain a lot in just a few races, Bellm comments. Well be good to go.

2016 Quick Stats: 8 races, 1 win, 2 top-five, 3 top-tens.

Up Next: Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City, KS, on Thursday night then ASCS Warrior Region at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO, on Saturday night.

Keep Track: Keep track of Kyle Bellms on-track action including schedule and results at http://www.kylebellm.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KyleBellmRacing?fref=ts or on Twitter at @kylebellmracing.

If you would like Kyle Bellm Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Penning the recurring series of The Wheatley Chronicles articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, Lonnie Wheatley provides media, public relations and more for select tracks, drivers and events. For more information, Wheatley may be contacted at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Archived