IMCA Sanctioned?

The way I read it is sanction is not but rules are. Now I would think the rules can be relaxed as what I understand they have been(exceptions IMCA stamped wheels and tires ,headers,body etc.) for non sanctioned events like USMTS.Regular season by IMCA even though not sanctioned.. I think it would be hard for Shady Oaks to get IMCA sanction since Heart of Texas runs Friday night with large car counts and Cotton Bowl runs Saturday nights just 110 miles from Waco and College Station to large car counts.IMCA sanction to me will not work for Shady Oaks unless STS goes that way too. Having said that after seeing the level of competition at Cotton Bowl and the large car counts at IMCA tracks(HOT, CBS and KSP) this might be the way to go.IMCA is slower but the racing is closer based on what I saw at CBS.Gotta say it is important that STS and SOS support each other this season . True STS could probably survive on its own due to the Corpus Christi market.This is where STP comes in.I think if they could get to a big event 6 times a year at SOS and STS that could help both a lot. Let's face it the only times the stands at SOS were close to full was for the STP event,USMTS on Fri and Sat and for ASCS. STP puts on a good show for a lot less so we need to help them grow too.Jus sayin.

I agree Arob, my point I guess is why limit yourself when you could possibly pick up a few cars on off weekends or rain outs and such, sts runs IMCA rules with any 1 5/8 primary and 3"collector,no stickers wheels or a arms believe that's the way SOS has always been so without an actual sanction why change?

We are going to run strict IMCA rules as we are in probationary period with IMCA for 2016 at Shady Oak Speedway in order to be sanctioned in 2017. No there will not be exceptions in Sportmod and Modified rules to improve car count. We at Shady Oaks understand the risks but we are headed in a direction to help put Southern/ South Central/ Southeastern Texas drivers to help compete for a National level Championship in the future. We do not believe we will hurt Waco on Fridays as the distance is too far for those competitors to travel this far south on a Friday Night. We do invite all to come and enjoy racing from anywhere but is not a move to hurt any track. This move may also add cars to Cottonbowl events as our calls will be legal to the rules this year and into the future with IMCA. I do appreciate the comments so I can clarify things.

Rob

Shady Oaks Track Manager

Rob... We have been running imca rules for the modifeds for the last 3 seasons. if every imca mod driver called imca and talked to imca, could it help the track get the modifeds at least sanctioned?

I really think it could help the car count if it is sanctioned because alot of the cotton bowl cars would come down on Fridays to have enough races to compete for national points.

I think its kinda BS on imca's part because Gator Motorplex did not have to do a one year graice period last year.

Good luck hope SOS can get cars and crowds on a Friday night. Cars will probably be there, especially if some of those CBS guys come down. It'll be difficult to get crowds though based on past events there, even on Saturdays. It's a good track with good people involved.

Archived