Toys for Children

STSScoringDirector

With the Holiday season getting closer, South Texas Speedway has been looking at ways to give back to the youth in our community. After reviewing several options, we have decided to focus on the patients at Driscoll Children's Hospital. It is hard to think about spending the holidays in the hospital, but Driscoll Children's has gone above and beyond to make the children have a great and comfortable stay, especially during the holidays. Our hope is that the drivers, fans and staff of South Texas Speedway can come together and put a big dent in the hospital's "wish list". I am including a picture of the wish list. There is a wide array of items on it varying from infant needs to adolescent and school-aged children's wishes. If everyone brought one toy, the wish list would be knocked out in no time! Let's get together and help make the patients of Driscoll Children's Hospital's holiday season a bit brighter with some awesome toys! Please contact me if you have any questions! We will be collecting the weekend of the Shootout in December and can arrange for other drop offs if you can't make it out. You can also drop off any donations at the Miracle Method- 5835 Patton here in Corpus! We plan to have a few drivers drop off the gifts and hopefully visit with some of the children on our allotted drop off date. Thanks for your help! Please share this post to help get the word out :) ???

This message originated. By Alia Kirschner

post-1301-0-42068400-1448036734_thumb.jpg

IN 1971 I was hit by a car his bumper and my leg did not agree with each other , it did not break anything but two weeks later not knowing that dark bruise was really major damage to my blood vessels A LESSON FOR EVERYONE TO LEARN HERE . my leg woke me up at 6 am with me screaming in pain it grew three sizes .it really turned for the worst I wont go into details only to say driscoll took me in as soon as the doctor said run don't stop at go and collect $200.00 .no nothing get on the operating table fast ,fast, fast , I was one hour and or a quarter inch of loosing my leg all the way to my hip ..spent three weeks there two on my back and got to see the care and love those back then had for anyone who came in .and sometimes I cried along with em when loosing a child knowing they did every thing they could in time of need ..plus they saved others I have known sense then even a family member .....even when I am low on money I pay that dollar at stripes every chance I have .... I have a scar that reminds me every day how close I came and driscoll who was there .I still look up at the room I stayed in when I drive by after all these years ... DONATE I know a smile on a childs face is worth more than anything else , I cant see the list here .but I will forget that one trip to Whataburger to help out .ill add I was 3 years over the age limit when driscoll took me in

Archived