Limited Late Models Sat Night

drew

First I want to say...Finally.. a night without cautions due to carnage. It was all mechanical as I was one of the lucky ones that broke a trailing arm bracket which destroyed the rest of the driveline. I want to put my hands together for the entire class that showed alot of patience and awesome racing. Tho our season is over I want to make a plea for all of us to get together and try one more time to talk to the Stacys so we can have a home next season. I talked to mr. Stacy and his words echoed what I knew they were going to say. The quality hasnt been what was expected in our class....however saturday night was what we needed every night and what we are use too...I think a drivers meeting is needed from ALL of us with the stacy family. If anyone has any other ideas we need all the help we can get.

And a big congrats to Arron Leddy who pulled the power move to take the win...That was a sweet move. To all of the drivers it was nice to see our class park everything on the trailer in 1 piece.

..............I think a drivers meeting is needed from ALL of us with the stacy family. If anyone has any other ideas we need all the help we can get.

...................To all of the drivers it was nice to see our class park everything on the trailer in 1 piece.

Sort of 1 piece. Ron broke a trailing arm heim which also took out the drive shaft and J bar. By this time in the season cars just get tired. I'm going over both cars with a fine tooth comb before the Havoc.

Drew,

We also talked to Mr Stacy with the result of the same impression.

Since Ken has announced he will not run our class next year we need to concentrate all our efforts on having a sustainable class at SOS. Keith will probably not make a decision about our class until sometime in Nov. I would not recommend having him at a drivers meeting. I recommend we have a drivers/owners meeting in Oct. (maybe even at the Havoc, although that may not be the best time to get everyone there). We need to hash out a proposal/plan to present to Keith. Then let's send a couple of representatives to meet with Keith and make our case.

I know there are some people in our class that just won't support the class at SOS, just as we wouldn't support the class at STS. It has nothing to do with the tracks or promoters, it has to do with economics, but there are enough cars in our class to consistently have 12 - 15 cars and SOS is the most centrally located track for our class.

If you need help putting this together, let me know.

Rusty

Just a reminder, your class still has a points race on October 17th at SOS. Last points race and it is double points night. We did cancel the non points race for Oct. 3rd.

I also think I saw where STS added a points race for this class and also made it a double points night.

SOS runs too many classes as it is and would probably have to drop a class to add LLM's next year.That will be a hard sell. off to Mr. Leddy for making an outside pass. Two tips off the hat to Mr. Farquar for giving him the room to do it.I think most fans,at least this one,like to see that kind of racing than the body slammin,squeeze you in the fence type.

Sort of one piece is correct drew...we lost #5 piston some where down there by you...put it in the lost & found box if you picked it up!!! It's the only #5 piston we had !! Lol?...great racing by all involved...and thanks to the Stacey family for giving us such a great place to camp & race...

LOL...bubba...I do know the steam shower was nice. helped exfoliate the skin..lmao..Hope you get it back together. let me know if you need a block.. I think I have some rods too..cast and forged i think. ill look. I cant use anything i have sitting around. so ill let ya know what we have. We will see about havoc for us...Had some friends with us and they really enjoyed thier first time to a track and said the shady oaks was awesome!

Let's not wait until late October to meet. Let's meet at the next race. Instead of meeting and going over the stuff we will not do, Let's talk about what we as a class can offer a track to run our class.12/15 cars a night, 10/12 races per season. Bigger purses.

If all involved are not willing to give some so we can all get to race, Than to me all hope is lost. We travel as far as anyone. Except for Gary Hunter, we are at as many races as anyone. We do not care which track we race at, as long as we can race. I think Ken's mine could change with the right agreement, So could Shady Oaks. Do not want any track people to attend meeting. I will help any way possible, but only if all concerned are willing to do what is best for the class.

Don Moore

Woodway Racing

I"m all in for a meeting, drivers and car owners ONLY. I think we need a plan of discussion before we present it to any tracks. And with all due respect, everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But if you are not a driver or car owner in the class and don't have anything positive to say, Please keep it to yourself . I rarely see any of are drivers on here (texasspeedzone) bashing other classes.

Im in...but all nights need to be points nights. Its the only way to keep car counts up. Keep in mind the biggest topic will be the carnage and quality of the show. Let me know when it is and where it is. If not..we will go street stock racing if we dont have a place to run the llm.

We need the most # of owners and drivers to be there so we're going to have to set a time and place for that to happen. It could be at the 10/17 race, but there are a number of racers that probably won't make that one. Maybe on the So side of SA on a week nite???? The longest drive would be from Victoria.

Those who race this week end can meet at the track.nothing.will b final.i tkink the first order of bussines is to see what we as a group can agree on and get a place to race. I agree with you drew on your points but n eed to know first ig we have a place to race and who will commit we will meet anytime any where as long as we are trying to move forward.let us know don moore

Hray I will contact those guys up here to let them know what we are doing.. Craig, Trey, Kevin and others. I know its a long drive for you and craig and trey so maybe in the forum area or at the bill millers by my house for anyone south of sa to come. Thoughts?

We do need to have a meeting with our present drivers and any upcoming drivers to discuss what our intentions are going to be for the upcoming season with actual commitments to dedicate this class to one track with every race being a points race. I feel that this discussion needs to be away from the tracks with a meeting somewhere that is a midway point for as many drivers as possible. Not for sure of a good location (maybe Pleasanton area) Since we are not on any schedule next week, this might be a good time to meet. Might want to go over our rule package also and have in writing any past changes and any others that might need to be addressed to get rid of the gray area's to make it easier for any tech personnel. We definitely need to discuss our driving style to reduce as "Andrew says" carnage. Maybe think about a class official (not affiliated with any drivers) that monitors the race and has the authority to penalize drivers for excessive or rough driving, no passing until after turn 2 or even single file starts and restarts. These are just some of my ideas and I know I'm just an old fart with probably some crazy ideas but I'd like to still get a couple of more years racing. This used to be a good clean racing class and I know we can do it again.

Let's come up with a date, time and location and get this done.

Thanks

If someone can forward this to SOS site also that all our drivers can read and attend whenever this meeting happens

Per Gary Hunter

Hray and drew aren't you the ones who split this class to begin with? Neither of you make every race anyway. Instead of only worrying about the LLMs from San antonio how about us from corpus? Why not arrange a meeting in Pleasanton or somewhere to give the corpus drivers a chance to voice their opinions as well. Last year when this class began this discussion about Diviiding races and points between the two tracks several of us voiced concern that this would effectively be killing our class, it appears to be so.

Turn....Not sure who you are but let me clarify a few things for you....1. The tracks split the races..the drivers did not. while some drivers preferred one track over another (which is fully within anyones rights) we all agreed and understood to run for points we will have to run both tracks if thats what we had to do. Not everyone wanted to or decided too.. We expressed the concern and we were told one thing and then something else was decided. 2. upon hearing that news, some of us decided to run only points nights because of financial commitment to run for a championship and not just for fun and having family schedules....3. Our meeting is for EVERY llm driver in the area..Corpus, SA, Victoria, Houtson, New York, Madagascar...you name it...4. No one has to answer to anyone else....5...The meeting is for our class NO MATTER WHERE WE RACE to come together and figure out the bigger issues, one for which is not where to race. So I hope that clears it up for you.

Drew STS HAD A FULL SEASON PLANNED FOR US AT THE START OF THIS SEASON 10 OR 12 RACES. After our meeting last season at the havoc someone called STS and told Ken that the class wanted to race both tracks and that the San Antonio cars would not be supporting STS this season. This is why STS cut the racing back. This person took it apoun himself to speak for the entire class and this is the biggest thing that has hurt us this year.

Well whoever that was...was not me...I will say that economically it would have been hard for us to run back to back without accounting for any repairs. So whoever called...thats on him... Apparently there is alot more that went on behind the scenes than what i know....however its int he past. now we have to deal with it and figure out how to fix our class...then try to find a home on a regular basis....I agree the split track deal really hurt..so did off points nights..But we will go over that in our mtg.

Archived