2015 Protest Rule

TRP

Here is the Protest Rule for 2015 at Texana Raceway Park!

• Protest will be $500 PER ITEM. You can't just say I want to tear him down it has to be a specific part.
  • If the person getting protested is legal then he will receive $400 with the tech man getting the other $100, if the person that is getting protested is Illegal the person filing the protest will get $400 back with the tech man getting $100. We do it like this so the track is not involved or profiting one way or the other and all rulings will be made by the tech man and they are FINAL
  • During the protest we will have a roped off area and the only people allowed in that area are track officials and the driver along with ONE crew guy. If that rule is not followed there will be no protest no questions asked.

Stipulations to the protest rule:

• You can only protest a car that finished in the top 3.
  • The driver filing the protest and the car being protested have to both been raced at TRP 2 or more times in the 2015 season.
  • The driver filing the protest had to have finished on the lead lap the night they are filing the protest.
  • A car can only be protested once per night so it is first come first serve. Who ever brings their protest money to the tech shed first gets to protest.
  • The protest money has to be brought to the tech man within 15 minutes of the checkered flag for that class.
  • All protest tech will begin as soon as we have finished our track tech of the last class of the the night.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

I don't have a dog in the fight here, but have a question that could be helpful all the way around.

If something on the way to protested part is found to be illegal, is that considered illegal at that point? Example: Head castings were protested and when removing the valve covers, the tech man finds roller rockers (on a pure stock car).

Not to speak for the track, but I would think that would result in a DQ but per the protest, think it should be carried through to check said part being protested since there's still money involved. Would be interesting to see how this situation would play out, theoretically get DQ'd but part protested is legal so still could make $400 lol. Hopefully this protest rule is never used but who knows.

Not to speak for the track, but I would think that would result in a DQ but per the protest, think it should be carried through to check said part being protested since there's still money involved. Would be interesting to see how this situation would play out, theoretically get DQ'd but part protested is legal so still could make $400 lol. Hopefully this protest rule is never used but who knows.

<_<:(

THE TRACK CAN IGNOR ON PROTEST TEARDOWN IF CAR ALREADY PASSED REGULAR TECH. THEY CAN WARN THEM ABOUT IT BUT THE PROTEST IS SPECIFIC PART THAT RACER IS PROTESTING. TRACK IS NOT TECHING THE CAR. JMO. THE TRACK CAN TEAR THEM DOWN ANYTIME AND CHECK EVERYTHING ON THE WAY DOWN WITHOUT PROTEST MONEY WHICH THEY WOULD PROBABLY DO THE NEXT WEEK IF ILLEGAL PARTS WERE DISCOVERED UNDER PROTEST TEAR DOWN. NOT A TRACK OFFICIAL JUST THE WAY I HAVE SEEN IT WORK.

I agree Bobby and hopefully the protest fee being so high will discourage people from doing it. If I had an extra $500 in my pocket, I'd rather put it in my car and not worry what Joe Racer is doing with his. When one guy is so far ahead of everyone else every race, things have a way of catching up eventually.

When a driver files a protest they are protesting a SPECIFIC part. Whether or not the money changes hands is dependent on that ONE ITEM that was protested, nothing else. Anything else found while tearing down a car is between the driver getting protested and the track ONLY. If that is to happen the track will handle it accordingly.

WE WILL tech every night so hopefully we aren't faced with a situation where we find something else during a protest tear down!

If anybody has any more questions feel free to ask! We appreciate all the feedback and hopefully see all of y'all this Saturday!

Archived