Now that the first one is in the books

Well the long awaited 1st Annual South Texas Nationals is done how do you think it went? I'm just looking from a fan standpoint here not the tech stuff. First off the Stacy Family hit another home run! You couldn't tell they had 4+ inches of rain just days before. This is the nicest facility around!This is the first time I had been to a track this dry.Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be except you could not see the cars in turn four at times.Still was pretty racey though. Reminded me of Thursday night USMTS race.To compare most fans I talked to or heard talking thought Friday night for USMTS was the best night and I agree.But I know most drivers like dry .Car count was somewhat disappointing for Pure Stock and a little better for Street.Sportmods were great with quality teams throughout.I look for a big increases in both next STP event.Event moved quickly with both nights being over 10:15 or so.Overall from a fan experience I thought it was a great first time event that the crowd seemed to enjoy.I know the fans around me did.Good job STP! Look forward to the next event!

I can honestly say alot was learned. Its hard to understand why $500 to win brings more cars then $1750 to win, but you have to do something first to determine what you change for the second time around. I think about 75% of what was planned went accordingly and the other 25% can be massaged to be better.

I enjoyed the event myself. Unfortunately had to be a spectator instead of a racer only thing I didn't like was all the dust. Hopefully next year the track can be watered a little more. As a racer the thing I liked most is hearing how much was teched and the people caught were not just given a slap on the hand and told to have it right next time.

Archived