LONGHORN SPEEDWAY

jcleaver17

I'm not going to argue with anyone about Earnhardts' death,but it is assured that the man will have a lasting impact on the sport. Since that Daytona day, I have never been able to have a safety discussion with someone without the Earnhardt name come up. The "NEW" saftey push was all because of what happened to the legend.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:) I agree don't cut corners on the safety issue,most of the tracks that run bombers let the driver keep the belts and seat,(safety equipment) if the claim is on the whole car. They need a good bomber class down here,I agree keep them on street tires and pump gas,stock carbs,look at the various track rules up in the DFW area,I know the count has gone down at some tracks,but in 97 cowtown had about 50 cars in this class,and up north further they had a enduro series that made all the fairgrounds circuit,even most tracks in dfw area that had enduros had around 100 cars for them.

It is very cheap to plate the drivers door bars also. The bomber class is probably loosing more parts around the track than any other class. I sure would hate a bumper poking through my door bars. Alot of classes are making it mandatory to plate door bars, It has nothing to do with the top speed of the car it has to do with wrecks.

We run a 'purestock' dirt car in Pleasanton while our home town "Hill Country Speedway" is being built. I have seen some pretty hairy crashes in this class including roll overs. I'm a strong believer in full cages (not just drivers compartment) door bars with plate on driver doors,fuel cells with roll over valves and racing seats with approved belts. This entry level class should be set for saftey,remember they are rookie drivers and what is rarely seen in other classes should be expected in this class. I would like to see all the diffrent tracks both asphalt & dirt get closer on the rules so we can all run at diffrent tracks. I see so many diffrences in tires & wheels,locked or unlocked rear ends and roll cages eigther full or just in driver area(diffrence between purestock & hobby stock @ THR)There are classes like crusiers out there with alot less things to do to car they are ran in endro type races,these are ussaly boring races and not as popular with the fans.I would like to see the fans input on what they like for rules in a bomber car...but of course we MUST keep saftey in mind.....I hate to see things happen like I saw saturday night @ THS

Archived