Interesting topic about Driver and Class!

WaerRacing00

Just had a thought about what makes a driver pick to run the class they do? Do they like the speed? Do they like the car design? The price? The history of the class? The car count is there? What is it that make you choose the class you drive in? Thanks!

Which ever one an owner asks me to drive in. Whether it is a bicycle or a late model or in between, I just want to make it go faster than it has ever been with anyone else driving.

I like having an equal chance, knowing that cars are real close and it becomes a drivers game. I believe the year Pops Carpenter won the Mini championship at CC he never won a race all year, but we had more different winners than I ever saw. That was fun racing for a 1000.00 car.

21 wins from 22 drivers and 17 drivers were rookies and bobby how many cars did we build 13 or so that year .. and pops won two races that year . one heat and the last race of the season .the only race he wanted to win ...the year was 1991 jfirst full year for james lee who still races now ........... i started on dirt in a 68 camero 1984 ..then onto ministock ..a racecar is a racecar no matter the size ...it never mattered to me what it was i love racing ....we chose what we could afford i never laugh at any driver who shows up to race if that junk is all he can afford more power to him or her ...they are having fun .....and bobby joshua will race a car you started building in 91 or 92 ....last car from that era ...as for speed i have had just as much fun racing others in 18 second class as i did in 15 second class ..

They say on average most guys are in a class they cant afford. I would love to drive a modified...but if I did...I would only be able to race a few times a year. I do like that in the hobbystock class I can build the entire car..and most parts are from a junkyard....

To me...speed means nothing....you get used to the speed no matter what class....its the challenge of trying to make the car faster than the other people within the rules... (and not by just outspending them) that makes it fun for me.

I don't feel the need to run in a higher class I cant afford to just make laps....its just as much fun and a lot less stressful running in a lower class where I know I can afford to race next week...even if something goes wrong. Sure..its not as glamorous....but...I don't do it to impress other people.

Archived