Bets on next season

spedfrk

• 5 years later...

I thought it would be intresting to remember 5 years ago.Same discussion,different players.So did we evolve to more of the modern FWD injected AND inexpensive cars??? NO.We made several rule changes to protect the overpriced cars and eliminate what promised to be new territory.This is what self governing does.Changing management every year is how it was possible.

I guess we are better off now??? You decide.The Fords got what they wanted,most FWD cars are gone.No,wait.They started their own class like many people suggested and are running at most tracks.So now we have a FWD class that races everywhere and a Ford class at CC Speedway.Apples and oranges.

That was a fun year. I think we had 24 cars a few times. Seem to remember payout being 300 bucks if we had 18 or 20 cars. I still have one of my motors sitting in the garage up here and the smashed fenders from that wreck at the dirt track hanging on the wall. Sometimes I look at them it brings back memories.

There were quite a few winners that year. I think 8 or 10 different people won features.

Hey Rick, we should get together sometime. We had some fun times in the ghetto after the races. Lots of beer consumed, and wine, and cigars smoked, and stories told. Good times.

Do you remember how the getto got started????

I was the first to use that back lot because Owen told me all the parking spaces were for sale.I am not going to pay for a parking spot in a pit.He pointed to the back lot and said that was the free parking.It did become rather popular as a great party place for after the races.You guys named it.I called it the cheep place.

I remember that now. I guess I wound up back there because I was cheap also. Todd and BJ were about as cheap as you can get lol. Dad liked it back there because there wasn't all that dust from cars driving by. I seem to recall a fire back there one night and somebody drove a car through it or something. I think Rick was involved.

Rick,you need to bring that farm truck with you and plow your way through the competetion.Thats the best way to sell it, show it. Do you remember one end of year championship race when the 3 top finishers were all VWs ? You,me and Pete.

I remember that now. I guess I wound up back there because I was cheap also. Todd and BJ were about as cheap as you can get lol. Dad liked it back there because there wasn't all that dust from cars driving by. I seem to recall a fire back there one night and somebody drove a car through it or something. I think Rick was involved.

I remember that night.... Todd and some others were trying to hit the "HILLBILLY CANDLE" and kept smelling gas, which noone knew there was a gas can leaking in the backseat... that was the first night I found out what dry ice and a bottle does...lol Come on down rick! I hear "pinky" is still waiting for ya...

Archived