spedfrk

• 2 weeks later...

....uhhhhh....

A Texas Thunder will win in the Texas Thunder Class,

A Pure stock will win in the Pure Stock Class, and

A SS will win in the SS Class....

DOH! :huh:

LOL!

I have about 2500 $ in my whole car.I would love to race SS but my wallet cant do it.You Corpus guys are very lucky to have the best track going in your own back yard.I wanted to trade in my car to Chris but he cant use it where hes going.I bought a lottery ticket today so theres a chance for the SS.I dont even know if I could drive one.Maybe someday.

Rick I Might help you find the infield . Besides my car is a real turd.I am lucky it even turns left .GB Then you have less money in your car then half the thunder class. Maybe they should look to you for lessons on how to go fast cheap. EJ broke the bank on that mustang. Could have had 2 superstreet cars for what those guys spent all year .

Im guessing that the 14 car doesnt have much more cash invested in his car than I do.With a 16 valve injected Mitsubushi engine he doesnt need to spend much on an engine and has good power.Likewise for the 46 car with the Integra twin cam engine in the CRX.Mostly its about the best combinations.I bet the BMW will be very fast also.I dont think we have seen the absolute best Thunder Cars yet because there are many cars not tried yet.Like a 240 SX Nissan with an injected 2.4 engine rear wheel drive or a Mitsubushi Eclipse with a 2.4 injected engine front wheel drive.Or an Accord with a V Tec twin cam.And as already proven,the Fords are the top power makers although they are costly.How about a Ford Focus with a 2.0? We are at the dawn of a whole new defination of 4 cyl race cars and in a couple of years carburated cars will be dinasuars.( how about a rabbit with a twin cam 20 valve 2.0 injected engine ? )How about it Will ? You are the pioneer of injected cars,how many thousands of dollars did you spend and you are 1/1000 th with me on the clock.You can build a fast Thunder on a tight budget if you do your homework.And remember the handeling is more important than horsepower although its nice to have both when possible.Boy I wish this winter would end,I am about to go nuts!!!!Hope to see you all soon. THUMPER

We spent about $3500 on my boss's neon, with all new parts. I spent a tad bit more than that on mine, but not much more. I would be willing to bet that one could build a neon or any other modern car for about $2000 or even cheaper if they had some parts laying around, seat, belts, fuel cell and stuff. The Texas Thunder class is very economical to race. $2500 to $3500 and you have a fast brand new car, the cars small and easy to work on. My vote on the absolute best thunder car would be the new mini cooper, but it will probably be along time before you could buy one for cheap. Neons are cool because they are every where, people are practically giving them away. I think a twin cam 20 valve rabbit it would be all over with, we would never catch that wabbit. LOL Fuel injected cars are the way to go in my opinion, you cant over rev the motor, you dont have to mess with timing, dont even have to pump the gas pedal to start the car. You just start it and go race.You have to run an alternator, I have not put a battery charger on that car ever. In the pits people always ask me if they can borrow a timing light. What's that I say,I dont even have a distributer! The Texas Thunder class is a funny class, you can spend a little bit of money or a whole bunch of money. But your still going to be chasin that Wabbit!

Will

Archived