LLM Rules?

BAB75

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The meeting we had the other day was attended by at least 10-12 drivers and some from I37 .And there was confusion last year because it was thought some running correct carb per weight and going to 4412 by next year 2015 would help curb the confusion. It would help in future meetings that someone take notes . That is what happened at the last with Ted and he basically went down all the rules . We did make some changed with carb being the biggest .Other changed were made to clarify some of the things that made no sense to the class. Very well run meeting! And yes there was talk of going to full late model cars with limited motors,3 link suspension ,which is what we should be .Not 3400 lb street stocks .Which I'm sure you know there is a lot of late models with no home that can be picked up cheap.

And there is your answer...We didnt change the rules. yall changed to conform to what yall want to run in a meeting that we were told was not a rules meeting because yall were confused after many clarification explanations. . I am a 2850 LLM that ran leafs and a 4 bbl with a stock clip and thats after adding 400 lbs of weight....so you need to get your facts straight bro...if you want to run a tube car. then buy one and run it with them...our rules were clear with a few minor clean up changes that needed to be made about suspension..your killing our class...

And there is your answer...We didnt change the rules. yall changed to conform to what yall want to run in a meeting that we were told was not a rules meeting because yall were confused after many clarification explanations. . I am a 2850 LLM that ran leafs and a 4 bbl with a stock clip and thats after adding 400 lbs of weight....so you need to get your facts straight bro...if you want to run a tube car. then buy one and run it with them...our rules were clear with a few minor clean up changes that needed to be made about suspension..your killing our class...

We where told that it was going to be registration for the shootout and, that Ted wanted to clarify the rules for the class. Thats why I went down there.

The only things that really changed is the carb went to 4412 or the new holley ultra xp.

The spoiler can be 10 inches now.

and the rack and pinoin if you want it.

Tubular chassis are to come in as cars get wrecked and front stock clips can't be found. After a couple more seasons all cars should be a late model chassis with a limited motor. Not that you have to go do it for the 2015 season.

Now the carb rule looks to be back to what it was.

We talked about engine set back but did not add it to the rules yet.

The meeting we had the other day was attended by at least 10-12 drivers and some from I37 .And there was confusion last year because it was thought some running correct carb per weight and going to 4412 by next year 2015 would help curb the confusion. It would help in future meetings that someone take notes . That is what happened at the last with Ted and he basically went down all the rules . We did make some changed with carb being the biggest .Other changed were made to clarify some of the things that made no sense to the class. Very well run meeting! And yes there was talk of going to full late model cars with limited motors,3 link suspension ,which is what we should be .Not 3400 lb street stocks .Which I'm sure you know there is a lot of late models with no home that can be picked up cheap.

Why would going to full late model chassis be discussed? That would make every single chassis in the class uncompetitive. So you want everybody to go buy a chassis to stay in the class? How stupid is that? If you think the late models will come run it would require them buying an engine so I doubt that will happen. So let's combine two classes where one group has to buy engines and the other group has to buy chassis and see if we can set an all time low car count.

Thanks Sprint....Im glad im not the only one that thinks that...Square tube clips are in the rules already but are made for stock steering boxes. Spoiler... ok 10 inches...if they think it helps then fine...but the tube chassis with limited motor? Thats a crate car..am i missing something here?

Shane....what do you mean it looks like the carb rule is back to before?

IT was in the I37 rules that you could run a tube car, we took it out . and if everyone runs same weight it shouldn't make any difference since you could do same suspension setup. It was said before last meeting that it will be discussed and that what we did, and why we had a majority show up . And yes he was putting back end that car weighing 3150 could run any carb.

It would make a difference because you can put the weight where you want it. Besides that when guys figure out they have to add 800 pounds they will start bitching about that and what it does to the chassis integrity and then the safety issue will be brought up and then the weight rule will be changed. Seen it happen time and time again.

800LBS ? That's why it is called late model s! not street stock, pure stock .The weight should be eventually lowered ,I have 300 lbs on a hold leaf spring from the 80's with a two barrel . I personally don't care for heavy cars to be running because like the late models in Goliad ,you put a 500lb heavier car in there and it will cause more damage . Hope they keep the rules as stated by the majority that were at meeting not by the couple that get on here and complain .

Then address the weight issue not make everyone buy different chassis. I agree with you that the weight rule is too heavy. If you want people to attend a rules meeting then they should be told it is a rules meeting. We were told it was not a rules meeting so we didn't need to attend. With that, I am done complaining.

The future issue for the class which was brought up by Ken is where are future cars going to come from for the class to grow ? late models that you have to put in a clip ,old clip cars ,street stocks that can be changed ? That's some of the things that were brought up. Probably in the future it would be simplest to use late model chassis,yep it would be a handicap to those running older cars or make you work harder to update it. I think if the guys running late models wouldn't mind trading a $25,000 motor and running a $5000.00 mtr and be able to race .Just some things that will have to change to see the class grow.

My opinion that the meeting was all about discussion...not concrete.Yal complain you don't get paid enough ,one reason is LOW car count.The question was asked IF there were rack cars out there with Camaro clips (I know of 3) that couldn't run just because of no rack allowed. It was mentioned to try and get the car count up .NOT hurt the class ! Tubular frames...2850. I see no problem with that ! How many rocket scientist are out there gonna come down and dominate starting the first race ? Geeez guys stop the damn complaining and let the TRACK decide what rules ! Lets just race....I cant believe you guys.... instead of complaining all the time why don't you all just go race somewhere else !! Can you tell me how many different drivers won at South Texas Speedway in LLM and how many had different cars and different set-ups ? Come on guys ! bunch of kids in a sandbox....JMO

There is no one that runs with is on any kind of regular basis that has$25,000 in a motor. The late model rules package is built to cater to small motors everywhere except SOS. The majority of our class is in the 355 to 383 range, and with the slight tweaks moving to 2015, that package will have the advantage more times than not.

Look at SUPR. How many races (other than TMS) are won by an open motor, and they don't run the "equalizer" tire that we run. We have seen Crate cars, home built motor cars, and open motor cars run side by side on multiple occasions.

The engine package that most LLM guys would be capable of running up front at the tracks we race at (seeing as SOS has made it clear we will not be running there). The speed is in the setup.

Good luck to all of you.

I have a suggestion. Let's have a meeting in San Antonio for the northern cars. No one that attended the 1st meeting (except Ted) is allowed to attend this meeting. We'll discuss the same issues the 1st meeting discussed and then the rules can be decided on.

And BTW, some of you seem to have selective memories. What we agreed to last year is that we would keep I37 rules. We clarified the carb rule and said you could run a 4412 or any vacuum secondary up to 650 CFM @ 2850 lbs. All other carbs would have to add 300 lbs. There was no agreement to go to the 4412 only in 2015.

I have built several cars for this class. All but 1 are Camaro clipped cars. 1 is a tube clipped car (more about that later). All require 200 - 300 lbs of lead to get them to 2850 lbs. The statement that the clips/chassis are getting hard to find is just plain bullshit. Anyone who needs one, just see me and let me know how many you want. And if you want a new one, call Lefthander, Howe or Port City. They'll sell you as many as you want. Also, there's plenty of old TSRS cars around and they make excellent LLM's.

Regarding the tube chassis cars, they are already allowed in the rules, but they are a very specific chassis. The front clip back to the firewall must be 2X4 tube and have the same suspension configuration as the Camaro clipped cars including steering. From the firewall to the rearend the tubing must be 2X3 (no round tube and no 2X2 like the Camaro clips can have). That makes those chassis pretty much equal to the Camaro clipped cars.

Just leave the rules the way they are and quit your whining. STS will get 12 - 14 cars and SOS will pickup the northern cars that didn't run last year and should get 14 - 16 cars if the CC cars will travel (which if past history is any indication only 3 or 4 will).

Archived