How's Friday practice going?

Was kinda cool looking at all that lightning just north of the track for the last half of the show and then turning around to see rain being dumped just two miles south of the track and to the west of the track.. We dodged a bullet last night for sure.

Nick

Nick I remember seeing something similar one night at SAS. Raining so hard you can see the splashes on Hwy 16, but track was dry. Lightning bolts filling the sky in the distance back when it was empty fields, prior to Toyota moving in back there. The gods were on our side that night, waited til the last checkered flag, then the skies opened up.

Hardheadted loves him a rainbow :)

Boy, we gotta have a talk! But I do like seeing rainbows. Last night was crazy fun for us in the pits and the fans.. Really good racing and with the Sport Compact crash fest to start the fans were going crazy in the stands!!! I think it was a perfect example of the racing vortex theory, rain all around, lightning to the north and it cooled down pretty nice for those of us that had been there during the heat of the day. Oh, that little yellow bus has some of the best bbq in town. Good combo with a Bailey Burger!!!!

Archived