BASEBALL

HiTech

JOSHUA just left the house ready with bat .glove .uniform .and his hat ...astros having an open try out at the hooks field thursday ..he has not played much in nearly 4 years .so he is rusty but maybe he can still show something at least with his pitching ....nothing to lose .....good luck son i know it has been a life long dream to play in the majors .give it your best i know you will ... heck remember the movie rookie ...if anything we got a good laugh and a great smile when you loaded up ..

If he plays baseball anything like he drives a stock car he'll do just fine.

I BET THEY GOT WET ..racing is easy compared to baseball .and cheaper ...he loves racing .but if i was a betting man and i am .standing on that mound and shutting down batters would be his choice ..a much greater challenge

No matter how it went, there is something to be said for just reaching a level where you have a chance to make it to the big leagues.

it never hurts to try and mom and dad are proud he did ..it was funny what he said to both his mom and i ..ill let him tell this story...

Well it was a good experience. They told us before we started that they had no intentions of signing anyone since they had just completed the draft and all the rosters were full. I had no intentions of being signed yesterday while I was there. I went to see what I could do and if I still had anything left in the tank after 2 years of not playing. I waited for 5 hours to throw 15 or so pitches in a bullpen. I was asked to throw a curve ball and the second one I threw slipped out of my hand and went straight up landed about 5 feet in front of me and rolled to the catcher. I couldn't help, but start laughing and shrug it off. After I was done the scout said "your fastball was around 72-74 mph and you curve ball was 63mph". I kinda laughed and said "well I guess that's not too bad since I haven't thrown off a mound in 2 plus years." Kinda suprised me that I could still throw even that hard. I know what I need to work on and if they have another one here or somewhere close to Corpus I will go again.

As for what I told my parents. I came home and told my dad " well I signed a huge contract for $0.00 and got told thanks for coming" lol.

I had one of my managers at work text me and ask how it went. My response "sorry I won't be in to work tomorrow and I quit. I just signed a $10,000 sign on bonus and a huge contract." I couldn't help but mess with the manager who text me. He actually believed me at first.

well if i can throw 25 mph and that is a big if .ill only be good for one throw ..then ill call for momma and try for some tender loving care .....or just pain pills think ill have better luck with getting pain pills and have to get em myself ..

I saw some do far worse Josh who had only been away from the game for one season. You did well. I am sure the Astro's were out simply getting names to look at on some future date. Team scouts will do that especially in the area where their team is located. For now just realize that you have proven that

even after a two year layoff you are still in good shape. Now get your Dad some pain pills so he can catch you as you practice. :D Then after practice give him his wrenches so he can work on the car. ;)

dano i thought we were friends ...problem is i cant catch him .he drills me every time i would not want the law to see my legs after catching for him ..they may charge him with dad abuse ...but your welcome to try ...think of it this way if you have a chance to drill your dad for something dad may have made you mad over and i know i have would you not take the advantage knowing its probably the only time in life you can get away with pay back and blame it on dads bad catching skills ....hey i would. i am not afraid of joshua just that healing takes longer ..

I can throw faster than that! tell me there's food AT The Table and watch how fast I throw my butt in a chair!

good go at it Josh!

lol..oh mike dont say it hold yourself back he left the door open ...fighting it fighting it ....i just cant say it .....myself won this one ..

The last time I threw anything 70 miles an hour my dad told me to get my hands back in the car. You have my respect for getting out there and trying....a lot of people wouldnt have bothered..

THATS FUNNY ...Worst part high five a bug bare handed at 70...

Archived