Cricket, cricket,

CJY08

Heres an intresting tidbit.....somebody asked me why I dont move "up" to a bigger car.After reading a lot of comments in various places this was my reply:

In the last 3 years my car has cost me $500 to buy,$1500 to make race ready and about $500 in maintainence costs.I won around 18 fearures and one championship plus about $3500 in prize money.After completion I have spent about 20 hours in repairs (1 crash damage and 1 engine) for the entire 3 years.This year alone I won 2 features and only did one oil change.

Now what I hear from everyone from pure stocks to modifieds is how much work is involved,the tremendous financial costs,the time restrictions and how easy it is to damage or break the race car.Its seems the same few always run in front and capture all the prize money which means most done recover much.Even those who win never win what it costs to be a winner.

Now at the end of the nite,after the racing is over,my beer tastes as good as any other drivers beer and the comariady is always as good.So my question is,WHAT THE HECK IS MOVING UP MEAN? Too bad more cant see this.I like what I do.

Racing is different things to different people, some follow GB's theory. Some like to move up and try to compete at the higher classes. Some like to build their own stuff and others like to buy everything. I just say find a place somewhere in there that fits you best and provides the most fun for you.

This should get interesting in a good way. I'm one of those that always wanted to see GB race "a higher class" but completely understand the financials and his success rate is undeniable. I also have respect for the man since he does what he can to promote his class and the tracks he races at so I try not to rag on him. I agree with Poorboy about finding your own personal happy medium. Even in GB's case none of the Saturday night Heros are going to make money doing this so GB nailed if about the fun factor and comraderie.

Archived