How Long is to Long for a Class at local race?

Question How long is to long for a race? We raced our first super Stock Race two weeks ago and as I was looking at our Lap times on Mylaps I noticed that the race lasted just over 42 minutes. We had 20 cars in our class and we had plenty of cautions I think even one red flag that lasted for a total of 3.22. We also raced a 35 lap race I thought for that many laps that was a little long.. Don't get me wrong I`m not complaining I`m just wondering is this common at all tracks for a class to last this long or is this even a long time for a race? When we raced Thunder Stock/Chargers I don't remember racing that long but we also didn't have 20 cars in our class. Again I`m just wondering!!!

Not normal for 20 laps to take 45 minutes. For example, TALMS first race at CCS think it was 26 cars, 35 laps and ran roughly 25 minutes. I would unscientifically say amount of laps plus ten minutes on average with maybe 3-5 yellows on a good night. So a 20 lap race for Pures or SS would be around 30 minutes I would guess. Of course other factors may affect that and Late Models or Modifieds that run quicker times the ratio would be lower given there's not a lot of yellows or lengthy cleanups, weather, etc.

for getting the show in on or near a decent time all tracks should have a time limit per class ...20 laps 30.min ..a tps race at kyle was cut short by five laps 30 min time limit .we had a grand stock doing a burn out and broke on the track and took some of tps time away ..and you know i was glad for those less laps ...fuel fumes in the car were getting to me plus it was hot ..running 5 th i wasnt going to pull off ..

I would say about twenty five minutes for most weekly features. After that, I find I lose interest, no matter how good the racing. And if there isn't primarily action, but just cautions or cleanup, I'm at least fidgeting, and would really rather be somewhere else.

Archived