Races June 14 Modifieds invited

Hope we are able to get the cars that were coming last week to come on down next race. Had several drivers that have not been here this year call to let us know they were coming. We have been getting our races over on time and feel we can add this class and still meet our 10:30 goal. We were a little late last race but we had a great halftime letting fans go on the track to see the cars and meet the drivers. It was well worth running a little long.

I have a mod that i have only driven once that is not legal but i would love to run for fun and to help car count any opinions from the cars that have been showing up as how they would feel about letting me run with you guys. Odviously just for fun not money or position

What would it really matter honestly. If its illegal its illegal weather its body or motor still illegal. guess I read the results wrong three races with 7 6 6 car counts!!!!!

How long will they allow that to happen. I believe the track would be ok with a car paying to race that they do not have to pay back. i would assume the drivers that are showing up would be ok with a car getting them one car closer to ten to get full payout and not having to even beat them to get ahead of them. Also benefits cars there to help keep them running at sos. I have heard no several times from imca drivers most that will only show up when not racing north just as you said. This is really for the cars that are there racing. I can let it sit or come race whatever yall decide. Why would i change my motor and tires to chance them shutting down the class before i evev finish. If car count picks up and you ask me to stop coming then i woukd have a reason to spend money on new motor for next year

If you must know it is a usmts car so tires and aluminum heads are all i know of.

Iv only driven it once im not expecting to win or even try to i just would like some seat time. I know the rules and they are good if they could keep a car count. Dont feel like changing motor till i know it wont be sitting next to the one i have with no where to run. And im not expecting anyone to change the rules to make my car legal either.

Sos is my home track and i feel good about knowing what it takes to go fast there so i feel if i can have seat time there it will help me get to know the car better.

If the drivers that are racing can tell the staceys there opinion on the matter before the next race so he can ok it or not i would appreciate it

And any of the drivers are more than welcome to come take a look at my car i run the box with a 7800 rev limit so im not hurting the motor to just learn.

Modified Drivers,

SOS adopted the IMCA rules with some exceptions as the rules package for our track. We are committed to running these rules. As much as we would like to accomidate all rules and all cars, we can not do it. Trying to explain in writing all the management factors that have to be considered would be a nightmare. Thanks to everyone showing interest in the class. We will be scheduling a Modified Driver's meeting in the near future.

Thanks,

Keith Stacy

Race Director

Keith,

Thank you for staying with the mods. We had changed our gear and added the spoiler before mother nature changed our plans. Unfortunately this weekend is hard to make as waco is racing friday and sunday, please don't give up on us yet. I do know Mike is planning on coming down though.

Joe Spillman

Keith,

Thank you for staying with the mods. We had changed our gear and added the spoiler before mother nature changed our plans. Unfortunately this weekend is hard to make as waco is racing friday and sunday, please don't give up on us yet. I do know Mike is planning on coming down though.

Joe Spillman

Good skill this weekend Joe we appreciated your effort to come down and race, we are rootin for ya!

Archived