Night of Speed Saturday May 24

Are you ready for some speed? The fuel injected 700+ horsepower winged sprints roll into SOS on Saturday for a night that will see some of the fastest speeds this track has ever seen. But wait, it gets even better!!! Also racing is The Southern Texas Late Model Series, Limited Mods and Street Stocks.

We all know what kind of show these classes bring to SOS. We have seen some of the best side by side racing this season from our local drivers and look forward to having more of the same Saturday.

With the wide straightaways at SOS we could see the sprints racing three to four wide. Get your family, friends and neighbors and come on out for a night full of fun, excitement, speed, good food, sodas and ice cold beer.

SEE YA AT THE RACES!!!!

We've been looking forward to this one since last year. And, we are excited to be able to bring the #55 street stock to run on the same night. Hope your granstands are packed full of people shoulder to shoulder and standing room only. The ASCS Sprints will be a sight to behold on that track and if the track is perfect, my personal prediction is possible speeds of 130mph! We shall see.

I would also love to know what the street stocks are doing if someone is doing radar.

Sure looking forward to this show!

What are some of the avg. lap times for classes at SOS? Isn't this a 3/8 track? I would be interested in some of the details and lap times of the classes that run there now. I ran with the TSSA back in the early 90s there and it was a nice track. May try and come to this weekend's races with all the great classes going to be out there.

That's a cool calculator. I get 115-120 MPH based off of it, with what we are running in the Late Models.

Rosemary, do you know where the 1/3 or 3/8 is measured? I've always been curious? They've called it 3/8 and 1/3 for years, but its bigger than Cotton Bowl (also called 3/8).

Archived