The simple solution..

NickHolt

Ok I have said this before in the past and I will say it again. I live in the Round Rock area and go to the Round Rock Express games quite often. In case some of you don't know it is a Triple A baseball team. I have spoken to the general manager of this organization several times about their different promotions that they have.

They have a Spikes kids club that cost $12.00 a yr for 4 tickets a night for 4 people. They get a hat and a T-shirt to go along with it. I asked him how he was able to do it that cheap. He says that the money pays for the cost of the hat and shirt. I then asked him why he gave away the tickets then. He says that a family of four will spend approximately $50-$60 a night while they watch the game that last about 2 1/2 hours.

They also have season tickets that are available. Now lets analyze this. It costs the people about $600 a season for tickets. Now if the local tracks were to do season tickets I will guarantee that their profits will go up. People will spend the same amount of money that they would normally everytime that they go out plus the track gets the money for the season tickets. Most major sporting organizations make more money off of concessions that they would for either the front gate or the back gate.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will all be old and still debating what needs to be done to fill the seats. I noticed what seems to be a great idea to one person, is a joke to another. In my opinion ANY idea is a good one. Now is the time for us to get the word out ( OFF SEASON )..pretty soon alot of you are going to be spending all your free time working on your cars. If some of us spent 1/10th of the time we spend debating how to better our race tracks on this website..we would all be better off.

In other words "its time poop or get off the pot"

We all just need to do whatever we can to promote ourselves, the tracks, the sport in a positive way.

TomH

This is the off season but we could start by keeping racing as a topic in our day to day lives and interactions with the people we see. There seems to be so many with good ideas here from all of you on TSZ.. I may take on a pro wrestlers persona and talk a lot of s@&t to anyone that will listen...YEAH YEAH...I'M GONNA GO TO THR AND KICK SOME ASS !...Then again maybe not but talking up the race track and racing doesn't hurt. B)

Nick,

How about the tracks sell discount tickets to the racers say 10 tickets at a time. Then the racers hand them out to whoever they want. Better yet, how about the tracks give out tickets to the racers for free and then the racers can hand them out to possible sponsors. Then the track can get their concession monies.

Don't get me wrong I have paid for my share of tickets and talked to my share of "New Faces" about THS and SAS.

I think your on to something if everyone would do it.

What is so hard about, "bring one more person to the track"? No sabe english?!?!?!?

How about "OK" or "You're right Nick" or "I'll try" or "kiss my mfa". or "just another in a long line of crappy ideas Nick"...why do people feel the need to hijack people's threads...got a good idea, start a thread...got a bad idea, start a thread...is everyone stupid or rude or just self absorbed? Take your pick.

***This one was meant to be mean spirited***

Guest The_Greek

Nick's idea is a very old one, and an effective one, personally i have brought alot of different people to races through the years, and i see alot of them at the track quite often. its very easy to promote your local track when the racing is good, but when car counts are low and attendence is down, it obviously makes it very difficult.

this past year, i felt like the racin at CCMS was the best ive seen in along time, i often thought our local classes were putting on better shows than most of the touring series that came to town that weekend. i used to say well this weekend lets go to SAS for TAms, or lets go to HMP for Romco, but this year the decision was easy... lets go to CCMS and watch a great night of racing and not have to drive out of town and spend alot of money etc etc.

so the point of this is, if your local track can figure out a way to get car counts up, provide a great program of racing, it wont be difficult to fill the stands up with fans, and when some of the touring series are at your track that weekend its just more icing on the cake.

You calling me stupid?????

Dec 9 2004, 07:27 PM  

Author Private Message Race-Ready

Rather its here or in another thread its all about helping the sport of racing.

Dude you need to get over yourself and stop acting like All Mighty and knowing. I have yet to see you post anything possitive. If what is being said up set you go somewhere else. This forum is very slow. (Traffic) So when there is a hot topic everyone is reading. This is when your ideas come about when people are talking. Your comments do not help.  

I wasn't calling you anything. It was a multiple choice question for you to decide. The choices were: stupid or rude or just self absorbed. You were the one that picked. Don't private message me. Call me out on the board.

This was not a thread asking for random ideas. It was about the concept of inviting one new fan to a race per stakeholder (fan, driver, crew, sponsor, whatever). Spewing ideas when they are not asked for is not helpful nor appropriate. Its rude, stupid, assinine, childish, selfish, self important, and most of all counter productive. Nick had a good idea and only a couple of people even acknowledged it. Most everyone decided this was their time and place to spout off on thier bright idea to save mankind and short track aspalt racing as we know it. Stick to the $%^&*(& topic. We must all have ADHD.

PS - None of the other ideas or those people were stupid, it's just not the post for it.

Try this for a change,I remember when tracks had a decent racing program and featured a different driver or two feeatured each week,lets face it no one wants to buy a racing program to look at the same advertising all the time with nothing new. I also went to Buffalo Park speedway and they had black and white pictures taken for the featured drivers to hand out and autograph(this track had standing room every Friday night)oh yes they also had a $1,000 to win bikini contest once a year(and had a good group of ladies show up for it. Try keeping the show moving,yes I know it takes longer to clean up at a asphalt track,but you cannot let the show lag or the crowd loses interest.Advertising does help,but I remember when Joe Horne had SAS he posted fliers at any auto parts store in town that he could find.

Cost to get into the races with a family of any size adds up pretty quick too.I know that insurance and other factors have increased costs at the tracks alsso,but the purses have not increased much if any over the past years other then that tracks are having to rely on the back gate to pay the purse.

Face it put on a good and timely show with more then 30 cars in 3 classes and have one intermission with some kind of entertainment for the kids or activity for them during intermission and maybe things could pickup.

You calling me stupid?????

Dec 9 2004, 07:27 PM  

Author Private Message Race-Ready

Rather its here or in another thread its all about helping the sport of racing.

Dude you need to get over yourself and stop acting like All Mighty and knowing. I have yet to see you post anything possitive. If what is being said up set you go somewhere else. This forum is very slow. (Traffic) So when there is a hot topic everyone is reading. This is when your ideas come about when people are talking. Your comments do not help.  

I wasn't calling you anything. It was a multiple choice question for you to decide. The choices were: stupid or rude or just self absorbed. You were the one that picked. Don't private message me. Call me out on the board.

This was not a thread asking for random ideas. It was about the concept of inviting one new fan to a race per stakeholder (fan, driver, crew, sponsor, whatever). Spewing ideas when they are not asked for is not helpful nor appropriate. Its rude, stupid, assinine, childish, selfish, self important, and most of all counter productive. Nick had a good idea and only a couple of people even acknowledged it. Most everyone decided this was their time and place to spout off on thier bright idea to save mankind and short track aspalt racing as we know it. Stick to the $%^&*(& topic. We must all have ADHD.

PS - None of the other ideas or those people were stupid, it's just not the post for it.

Exactlly who do you think you are? Its people like you that give racing a bad name. I was not calling anyone out. I pm'ed out of respect. I see that doesnt work with you. Do you not grasp the concept involvement. Or are you just a keyboard warrior?

i have been procreating as fast as nature will allow and have added 2 new people to the stands .... doh , kids under 12 are free . guess thats not helping the bottom line. back to the drawing board.

I do not believe there was any question at hand on this topic...there is on some other threads though...your point was very good, but it had nothing to do with this topic and totaly detracted from the topic. And so is all this I am writing as well. I am in Houston driving around looking for Race-Ready Shane, so I'll shut up now.

Nick's new math...X x 2 = 2X...Double attendance, bring a new fan to the track

I do not believe there was any question at hand on this topic...there is on some other threads though...your point was very good, but it had nothing to do with this topic and totaly detracted from the topic. And so is all this I am writing as well. I am in Houston driving around looking for Race-Ready Shane, so I'll shut up now.

Nick's new math...X x 2 = 2X...Double attendance, bring a new fan to the track

Let me help you out. 832-647-4127

Well if after you take that trip feel free to come up my way and maybe we can work something out as well. These topics will at times get people thinking. It might not be the answer to the question originally at hand, however, most good ideas generally come from brainstorming which would be what most people do on here or as I like to say "THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX"

If you have an idea, start a thread...why do people feel like its ok to say an idea anytime on any thread...it's like one of those shows where people just talk over each other...this thread was about bringing one more fan to the track...nothing else...not spike, not ads, not bumper stickers...but I appalaud NASCAR BAR for conforming to some basic forum decency and starting a thread on his bumper sticker idea...Why don't we all go over to that one and debate 10" vs 8" slicks.

And the "no idea is a bad idea" thing...that is being taken so out of context its not even funny...that only applies to brainstorming sessions, or brainstorming threads, in this case...not everytime people open thier mouth...its like giving wiskey to indians around here...ideas on here are as common as grains of sand on the beach...

I like this site and all of you but sometimes it is just a total waste of time cause no one follows any kind of organization...thanks for the # Sugar Shane, I think I'm in a bad area of town and I would rather take my chances with you...maybe next time modman...

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

post-2-1102654698_thumb.jpg

Ok.. Aaron can't be quiet any longer...

I took the lady to the movies last sunday night... I paid $7.50 each to get in...total of $15.00... Then we SHARED a large water $3.00 *(1Qt) and a med popcorn $3.75... Snack total $6.75 Total trip for 2 to the movies excluding travel expenses... $21.75

Now go to Block Buster... Rent the same movie $3.95, Go to HEB Buy A Gallon!! of water $0.60 Box of Microwave Popcorn (6 bags for $3.00) Come home and enjoy it on the TV... Total $7.55

Savings $14.20 Why go to the movies?????? I can rent 3 movies for the same price as going to Tinseltown

Ok... Now look at it like this..

Drive to Kyle... with Wife and 3 kids... Adults $12.. Children $7... Total... $38

Can't bing coolers in so.. you have to eat there $2.00 for soda.. times Min 4 $8.00

Burger for everyone $3.75 Per x 4 $13.50 Total food $21.50

So right now thats $59.50.. In August when its 100 degrees can you last from 6-11pm with only one drink? I know i don't...

For $60... you can order pizza, Movies, and play ball with the kids and have $30 left over

Get 3 families to come over and thats 1 heck of a party!!!!

You tell me why fans don't fill the stands... ?? Got to do it for the fans....

If you build it.. they will come.. Well its built... and well they can't afford to come...

*(This is not an attach on THR only using THR for an example as i know the pricing.)

Archived