Before you cut up your dirt car

Both 87 & 87m are dirt cars.The RR spring was changed and all four shocks.Weight was moved from rear to left front.Wheel offsets 3s & 2s.Didnt move fuel cells or lower lower cars.Have only run the Hoosier tire one time ,wear looks good going to try them again on 17th.I always run a swaybar .I beleave shocks are the most important change.I had Swensons on 87 & BMFs John Hiel on Marcus's 87m.At this point dirt cars are very competitive with miner changes.It doesn't hurt to have a little Spreen horsepower either.Hope my 2 cents worth helps some of you that are thinking about trying asphalt. Ps also hired a bad ass crew chief for Marcus Bruce Barber

The most impressive part of that win for 87M was his poise and control. Won the race out of 2 on the outside and had Cody and Joey on that back bumper at times and remained so smooth. Then he made it through lap traffic easily, very impressive run by that young man and everyone in TALMS, great bunch of drivers in this group.

Well if pay is a cheese burger and 2 Michelob Ultra's , then I guess I was hired.

So you do work for food ..ill have some tator chips with dip and a dr pepper for you at the next race ..i think you could handle keeping joshua's screened windshield cleaned .

Edited by HiTech

Well if pay is a cheese burger and 2 Michelob Ultra's , then I guess I was hired.

If that's all it takes, I can double their offer - double meat double cheese burger and 4 Miller Lites (gotta keep a couple for myself.) Can I consider you hired? ;-)

See you all on the 17th.

Both 87 & 87m are dirt cars.The RR spring was changed and all four shocks.Weight was moved from rear to left front.Wheel offsets 3s & 2s.Didnt move fuel cells or lower lower cars.Have only run the Hoosier tire one time ,wear looks good going to try them again on 17th.I always run a swaybar .I beleave shocks are the most important change.I had Swensons on 87 & BMFs John Hiel on Marcus's 87m.At this point dirt cars are very competitive with miner changes.It doesn't hurt to have a little Spreen horsepower either.Hope my 2 cents worth helps some of you that are thinking about trying asphalt. Ps also hired a bad ass crew chief for Marcus Bruce Barber

An I think Joey had 41 Shocks on his car so take your pick

Good job by both of them. Billy did it the right way, plenty of bumps but never any attempt of taking Joey out. Great job of being aggressive but smart and great job holding a position without brake checking. Damn good race up front and throughout the field. Very good group of drivers.

I was just trying to get Joey to come on here and comment. I had a blast racing with him I was just happy to finally finish a race. Joey did exactly what he had to do I had my chance on a restart and had him but the caution came out once he slipped up I knew it wouldn't happen again the thought of taking him out never even crossed my mind it was good hard racing and that is what I think will keep the series growing he's a veteran with no telling how many laps in every class of cars and probably on of the best corpus racers around I gave him about all the pressure I could hope if the tables or ever turned I'm ran the same way

Edited by becka29

I agree, you did everything but take him out and there's no need to do so. Great job by both of you. I'm sure the same respect would be shown had the roles been reversed or in the future, but you'd definitely feel that rear bumper getting hit, him just letting you know he's there. The first two events at CC this year have been better than the past ten or so I've seen there.

My apologies if anything I said came across as disrespectful in any way. It was a great race and short track racing. As a fan of racing for over 30 years and most races I've seen have been at CCS or STS. I know Joey has countless laps and has always been a hot shoe here no matter what he drives. I don't think he or any TALMS driver would ever intentionally wreck someone. The series is going well and drivers seem to get along and race hard and clean. CCS is a physical track and I know sometimes the bump and run is used since its difficult to run side by side and the smart driver will move up a bit to keep the temptation of going outside but not leave room under you too. When that happens, the only hope is to give a little tap try to move you up just enough to get under. Not a dirty move just short track racing. Racing at CCS I think you somewhat expect getting tapped but most drivers there, especially by TALMS level know how to tap and not take you out and you also know how to control it too. Again, I meant no disrespect to any driver and enjoyed watching the two of you race hard and clean and will be there watching another great race in June.

For many laps, there were three of them swapping bumper paint - Heinaman up front, then Billy Becka and then Anthony Monroe.

On a few of those laps all three would be touching each other at the same time! Some of the best, most exciting racing I've seen since the old TIDA days.

Nick