In The Skies over CTS

TexasHighDef

I just thought I would give you guys a little heads up of just a little of surprises you will be seeing this year at CTS.

I have taken to the sky with three camera drones that will be flying GoPro threes. One of them will be setup so the fans can pull up a app so they can see what the camera is seeing. Another one is setup with special gyroscopic gimbles on it that keep the camera flat and smooth.

It will fly for 20mins at 45mph out and 25mph up. It locks into 12 satellites and if I let go of the control it will freeze in space. You can flip a switch and it will fly itself home and land by itself. It weights about four pounds when all loaded down.

How cool is that!

Now the third one you will just have to wait and see what is up for that one.

This is the basic setup. Then you have to add some stuff to really trick one out. By the time everything is said and done it is about $2000-2500 to be flying with a goggle setup.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1018650&gclid=CJODzo6Hmb0CFchQ7AodSz8Awg&is=REG&A=details&Q=

Here is a video I made on my second day of flying with the goggles.

Download of it

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/12kzrj2ab2b6e9j/Holi_from_the_sky.mp4

That is just for starters for all that is going on.

One thing is for sure and that is there is going to be some mind blowing footage coming out of CTS this year.

Hope to see you all at the track soon!

Duke

Those things are awesome, but the red tape to using them keeps me from getting one.

They just changed the rules for them a couple of weeks ago. A Federal Judge through out the FAA's case and the Texas's legislature changed the rules they had just set up.

It is a whole new game now from what it was a month ago as long as your not doing surveillance with one.

Those things are awesome, but the red tape to using them keeps me from getting one.

They just changed the rules for them a couple of weeks ago. A Federal Judge through out the FAA's case and the Texas's legislature changed the rules they had just set up.

It is a whole new game now from what it was a month ago as long as your not doing surveillance with one.

That is GREAT news!!! Now the only thing left in the way is one's mind. Cool deal, good luck!!!

Archived