Such A Short Time Ago

Budman

I snagged these pics off another site I happened on. It's OK, I've seen plenty of pics copped off this site on other forums.

Anybody remember this guy?

post-1274-0-31646800-1394684382_thumb.jpg

While we're at it take a look at a couple more pics from Austin, not so very long ago. I remember them so well.

post-1274-0-48234000-1394684517_thumb.jpg

post-1274-0-99959400-1394684596_thumb.jpg

miss those old carbs distributor with points and regular stops at phillip's 66 to see my old girlfriend ethyl .dang she was was cheap then ..25 to 35 cents average ...a couple of bucks in my 66 goat and away we go for two or three days depending on how heavy my foot was you could burn the cheap firestone tires up and afford to replace them ... and right next door to the phillips 66 was snapkas where the burgers were great and cheap .or drive one block to whataburger where the menu consisted of burger .milk shake a tator chips .the real stuff ...draft card i was glad to burn.. 18 and getting to buy cheap beer boons farm wine and mad dog 20.20 you know cheap hangover ....... sorta looks like you budman .

Nope, not me H/T. That's Jerry Green. He was a local Austin DJ and track announcer for a time out at Speed-O-Rama. The guy had one of those smooooooth mellow champaign voices as I best remember. Judging from that camaro it looks like it was from around '69 or '70.

its 70 or 71 model . i would love to have one of those years z28 blue with thrust exhaust ...looked good sounded good ...

HOW ARE YOU DOING .AND OUR OLD BUDDY DANO.. WE SHOULD MAKE IT TO KYLE ON THE 29 TH .LOOKING TO RACE A FEW MORE RACES UP THERE THIS YEAR ..

LOOKING AT THE OLD FREEWAY PIC .I LIKE THE LOOKS LIKE 66 TO 68 OLDS . CANT TELL ANYMORE WITH MY EYES BUT LOOKS LIKE THE FIRST TWO CARS ARE EITHER MERC. OR DODGE .THE WHITE ONE LOOKS LIKE A DODGE VIP..67 MODEL AND AND THE OLD FLAT FRONT FORD OR DODGE TRUCK... FUNNY NOT ONE RICE BURNER THEN THAT WAS UNHEARD OF IN THOSE DAYS EXCEPT FOR THAT VW BESIDE THE TRUCK AND THAT VANIGAN TO THE RIGHT ...26 MUST BE THE GAS PRICE ..

Yep, 26.9 cents per gallon. Now it's what, $ 3.65 per gallon? A gallon of gas is a gallon of gas, whether then or now. What has changed is the value of our dollars.

Actually, that highway construction is right in front of Hancock Shopping Center at 38th street and IH-35. Early 70's. They were building the upper deck that runs through the north part of town.

Archived