Transponders

All classes racing at CTS must have an AMB transponder on each car for timing and scoring purposes. CTS currently has 5 transponders for rent for each event. These transponders can be used by multiple drivers as long as they are competing in different classes. If you do not have a transponder and are planning to rent we suggest getting together and figuring out away to make them go around and share in the cost of rental as CTS will charge 1 responsible party for the rent of the transponder each event.

Thanks

Chris Saathoff

CTS Technical Director

I have 2 mini stocks that will need transponders. If someone or multiple teams would like to split usage with me, let me know. Mini stocks usually run early, so the other classes that run after us would be pretty easy to swap out.

Chris, how much is the rental of the transponders going to be? That way we'll know how to split the $$$ ahead of time.

Transponders will rent for $45. They can be shared and the cost split between racers, but someone will be responsible for return of each transponder, as 4 that were rented for the November race left with the renter. AMB transponders can be purchased from MYLAPS, they even have a flex transponder that is much more affordable than purchasing 1 out right.

Thanks

Chris

I imagine some of the missing transponders will show up once the renter discovers they neglected to return it. Sometimes after a night of racing you just mentally check off that night from your check list and move on to the next big thing. Since the transponder is "out of sight, out of mind," it's easy to do.

I hope all the missing transponders show up.

Nick

Rusty and Nick we agree, hopefully they will show back up on the 29th. Stone Cold I have said the cost can be shared by drivers in other classes, so if you can find someone that races another class your cost would be $22.50 a piece, if you could share with 2 other drivers your down to $15 a piece. We are not trying to make this to costly, just fair for CTS.

I rented one from the track last year had to leave my DL and ended up having to go back to the track to return the transponder I rented to get my DL very easy to forget about but after I noticed my DL was missing I figured out why surely the track knows the person who has the transponders

Anyone have a trnasponder that the battery no longer charges? Ever try to send it back to AMB and see if they will replace the battery? Awnser....they won't. They will give 20% off of a new one if you trade yours in. But they cost alot! But....there is a video on youtube of how to fix your transponder. I have successfully fixed mine for a whopping $8.00! And you can get the replacement battery in Austin at Batteries and Bulbs on South Lamar. And they will solder the new battery back in place for you! Here is the video on how to fix!

Archived