"Romco" Meeting in Kyle

jp17

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has there been any official comment as to whether TSRS and TAMS have been approached in the same manor that ARTS was?

Jay

Both TSRS and TAMS were approached by Mr. Dickerson. Whether theywere approached in the same manner ast ARTS, I have no idea. Both Mary Ann Naumann (TSRS) and Wayne Norrell (TAMS) turned down whatever offer was being made.

Nick Holt

sounds like a lot of money to get all of those series together. most tracks that tams goes to has a lot of there reg. class racing the same night so that many touring series in one night would cost alot. and if it didnt make it they would be like houston and you would have to rent the track.

sjmo. johnhenry

I agree with you LL. Only place I would digress is don't discount modifieds. They are vey popular in every part of the country and not just on dirt. Modified are the feature division at many NASCAR tracks all over the country especially the east coast. I think though that successful asphalt modifieds should remain looking like the way TAMS does them. While the racing is fun to watch the majority of those dirt modifieds are just plain ugly. No offense meant. I'm just talking about the way they are just a bunch of panels slapped all over the place. The ones that at least have some semblance of a stock car body are better to watch.

Thanks (I think <_< ) LL. Look I watch the modifieds and enjoy them. But I also remember when modifieds were considered stock cars. The reason that they started to fall off from stock bodied cars were they became SO MODIFIED that they were not at all a stock car anymore. As far as performance, and racing competitiveness, and apparently cost effectiveness, they seem to be one of the best things going. I would love to see a beretta rear quarter and roof mounted on a 108-112 chassis as a modified, or an original Taurus or a Dodge Lazer. You see what I mean. I would like to look at them and say "that used to be this or that". Sorry to offend anybody before. It's not the racing, or the paint or graphics it's just they don't look like a car.

:D Rookie 49 you didn't offend me,and I don't mean to sound like I snapped at you,the newer modified bodies are cheaper and easier to build then any stock parts that could be bought from a salvage yard,besides look at what the asphalt late models are going to be going thru with the ABC body package it was cheaper to make the panels yourself.

The ABC body is so they dont end up looking like that. ABC is a set of rules ARP and Fivestar put together along with SAS and SSS in an attempt to make it so aero in short track racing does not get out of control. It is basically a set of measurements the car has to measure. Can't run with the hood bent down for downforce anymore. The cars that look like the dirt latemodels are outlaw latemodels and the chassis are different than our template latemodels.

Archived